Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia - How Good Is It?
Pix Wrote:Invading aliens trying to take over the Earth avoid Australia for many good reasons, it's safer to blow up the White House instead of facing things like this:

http://badassoftheweek.com/australia.html

[Image: 648.gif]

And don't expect them to be polite. Here's a typical sign, one of that their board of tourism doesn't mind you seeing (because the others are worse):

[Image: 155516_10151095186843015_1234126764_n.jpg]

You might now be remembering that Thunderdome is there, but what you didn't know is that's just training on how to handle one's self at their pubs (though if you insult their fauna, expect to be put in Thunderdome with the offended beast, and don't laugh at the roos, they're not like in Winnie the Pooh!).

Oh, and you'll notice that Aussies who are smoking have cigarette packs with disgusting pix of lost, infected, and cancerous body parts (and to show how hardcore they are they call this "plain packaging"! :o ), because you know what, they love it, that's how they sell cigarettes to the locals.

If after all of this you still want to go then there's plenty to do. Consult their "dumb ways to die" instructional vids with the tourist office. If you survive the stunts promoted then congratulations, you've become a real Aussie!

Not sure if this is just casual humour or if you're actually trying to be offensive.

I'm just going to say it. New Zealand is better u.u
lol
Love you auzzies <3

Crouton Wrote:Not sure if this is just casual humour or if you're actually trying to be offensive.

Just me being silly. You should see some of the ways I've described America, and even my home state (not that I currently live there) Texas, which could literally get me shot in Texas.

Pix Wrote:Just me being silly. You should see some of the ways I've described America, and even my home state (not that I currently live there) Texas, which could literally get me shot in Texas.

Texans deserve it.....Aussies don't Wink

That's why Mum is aussie and not a texan Smile

One time I went to Melbourne and oh my god all we did was speak shanghainese and have slurpees.
It was really really hot and a fly crawled right up my nostril and it got stuck. Then some strange giant insect landed on my neck and left a really werd rotting cucumber smell that I could only get out with chinese herbal oil. Then there was a sandstorm or something and the tour guide told us to get behind the bus.

._. In actuality. Melbourne, the city itself was bloody amazing. It's completely different to New Zealand. Everyone was rich and there was art everywhere. But I was unused to the water shortage. My mum and i stayed at a friend's house and basically they mostly drank bottled water. It was really odd to me.

So that's my impression of Australia. I haven't been to sydney though. I could never survive the summer, personally, but it was so modern and pretty and perfect.

Perhaps you should vist New New Zealand (Not a typo), formerly known as The Gold Coast. More kiwis here than you can poke a didge at

dfiant Wrote:Perhaps you should vist New New Zealand (Not a typo), formerly known as The Gold Coast. More kiwis here than you can poke a didge at

They're just the disloyal rabble. Good riddance to all of them! Tongue

Best thing about living in Australia for me is the variety of different environments, all within a fairly close distance. From the city, within half an hour you could be at the beach/up in the hills/farming areas/bush. That's in SA but I'm sure Sydney would be similar. Also, the wildlife is spectacular and the weather is great.
Worst thing... I can't really think of anything at the moment. The bugs are pretty annoying in summer, though.
The standard of living is high, which is reflected in the cost.
I've never had a problem in the workplace or being out anywhere with a partner. You might get some strange looks but on the whole people are generally friendly and accepting.

Oh, and you'll have to find an AFL team to follow. I suggest Adelaide. Big Grin

Pix Wrote:Just me being silly. You should see some of the ways I've described America, and even my home state (not that I currently live there) Texas, which could literally get me shot in Texas.

Fair enough. In that case I agree with your post.

There aren't any water shortages anymore.

I'm a Melbournite and i'm obligated to hate Sydney lol

Australia is great