Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia - How Good Is It?
melbourne is one of my favorite places ~

Thanks for all the responses to far. Had a chuckle over some of them Laugh2

Im used to being careful around certain wildlife. Comes with the territory when you live in Africa!

Someone summed it up perfectly earlier....I'd be mad not to take the opportunity.

I'll keep you posted Smile

ObW
x

In the city of Sydney you pretty much only need to watch out for the spiders. Outer suburbs might be snakes as well.

Counselor Wrote:Mum, you mentioned internet access, and I recall something about Australian internet censorship: is that still going on?

They have no succeed as yet.

OlderButWiser Wrote:Thanks for all the responses to far. Had a chuckle over some of them Laugh2

Im used to being careful around certain wildlife. Comes with the territory when you live in Africa!

Someone summed it up perfectly earlier....I'd be mad not to take the opportunity.

I'll keep you posted Smile

ObW
x

Looking forward to buying you a coffee.:biggrin:

We moved here a year ago. We're living in Adelaide, we moved as a couple, colleagues are fine with it, agents for rentals were fine, and our bank even arranged a gay personal banker so we could feel more comfortable (unprompted and not really necessary). Not had any problems at all.

kitschcamp Wrote:We moved here a year ago. We're living in Adelaide, we moved as a couple, colleagues are fine with it, agents for rentals were fine, and our bank even arranged a gay personal banker so we could feel more comfortable (unprompted and not really necessary). Not had any problems at all.

AND that is what makes me proud to be an Australian Smile

Smile

Oh, and visas were no problem at all. I feared lots of invasive questions and having to prove we were a "real" couple. In the end we stated we were, and that was that.

If I order an adult beverage composed of hops and don't use the word "Foster's", will I still get a beer?

No Australians actually drink Fosters. I'm pretty sure the only people who do are tourists and Americans at that Outback Steakhouse place in the US.