Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australias same sex marriage vote in doubt
This seems to be held up by a bunch of Neanderthals:

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/australias-sam...36262.html
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

hmmm something might happen in the US if things go on like they are over there.

That is unfortunate... You know it is the same sentiment we get over here. You have a bunch of old southern baptist people who can tell you everything that is wrong with your life and how you're going to hell while they're getting drunk, committing crimes and locker room talk...beating their wives and tell me how bad of a person I am because I'm gay.

I feel like I have to live my life in the shadow at times, despite gay marriage being legal, despite how everyone I seem to encounter seems to be ok with it but I know people aren't. I see their bigoted facebook posts, most people I have removed as I won't deal with those sort of people. Unfortunately I feel it will take a few more generations before we move closer to equality...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I think people still think LGBT people are seedy and something not right.

I'm in hope it'll change.

It'll take much longer for my region to reach the present in regards to gender and sexual equality.

I'm pretty much resigned to it at this point and I just do whatever the fuck I want lol.

Everytime we raised anything Gay related in Parliament or legislation, it's almost always overwhelmingly shut down quickly.

We tried this year again and tho many of my people will party, work and even befriend Gays, they'd never allow gay marriage.

So it quickly was declared a big solid NO Sheep

I actually giggle now, cause it's always like this lol

They do the same crap over here... Honestly, if it were widely known that I was gay I probably would not have been hired at a few places I have worked. Legally in this state I could actually be fired for being gay, last I knew anyway. I know our wonderful Governor passed that so-called bathroom bill. So anyone looking like they might be a guy coming out of the women's restroom gets shouted at...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

:eek:

I thought Australia already had ss marriage on a full legal national level
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Insertnamehere Wrote::eek:

I thought Australia already had ss marriage on a full legal national level

No. They have civil unions but not marriage.
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

That just doesn't compute in my head
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]