Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autism Speaks is [partially] garbage
Well that is a valid question. one that really needs to be answered - many claim its on the rise, others say we are just seeing it more....

partis Wrote:an excuse to act like an idiot... how many really have it and how many people need a good spank from there mother... instead of encouraging the idea its something wired into them.

I have treatment for this - just because its not obvious like a broken leg does not mean its not a condition that cant be treated or understood, (and it makes a massive difference to my interaction with friends and family alike - they would most definitely agree too)

Here's the Queen's take on dis 'ere ding :p .

Now, whether or not this company, group, organization, community whatever it is, cause really I don't wanna delve too deep into this biz, is doing a shitty job or a good job, atleast their attempting the damn job.

Now if they can do better and improve, then they should for the betterment of the people they wish to help and for their sakes as well.

It makes no reverse back difference if you moan and sputter about it. If you are unhappy with them and their progress, then shout up their ear and have their attention given to you, because you are an afflicted member of the group they are trying to reach and would like to receive better quality service or aid.

Throwing your suck-suck/wan at him won't help none. Infact they tune that shit out and keep on trucking.

Take a swathe of your ba-ba and bring it to their attention. Fair and simple.

As for the whole ADHD thing, Partis, I do not agree with that stand point, because if there is a noticeable psychological/physical or whatever disfunction within a child, especially one's to young to "act out", cannot be blamed solely on the parents.

Sure they may have influence here and there, but children will generally keep attentive and or beware of the repercussions of their actions before doing them.

I'm not exactly sure of the extent of ADHD in it's entirety, but while it can be misdiagnosed or diagnosed far out of extent, does not mean that if properly diagnosed is the child then given free pass to take run of the town.

Also, lix/liks don't always solve an issue. However culturally it's used here veeeeerrrrryyyy often and does work, that's not to say that it will always work if you hit a child, because it can actually do adverse psychological damage if the child is not reprimanded appropriately in conjunction with lix.

Child acts out against taught ethics, you knock their seed, but not for being a child. Children will naturally bounce on the roof, you just have to temper them depending on the environment and circumstance. However hitting them for "being idiots" is really counter-progressive.

And while you did not say Child, every person with ADHD has to have developed it at some point, if not been born with it, so giving them lix for a potential condition is not really fair.

And correct, not every child/person has ADHD who is just very hyper and what not, but this also does not make them idiots either.

Aaaand also, no mother encourages, or should encourage their child to view themselves as different or challenged in anyway, especially if they're not sure, so that's also not a valid argument.

I'm just saying...

Coffee:hugs-and-kisses-smi