Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autumn
The days are getting shorter, Orion is back in the sky in the north of Europe, the last day of the roses, autumn is here .....
What are you doing to live this days without depression, colds, and cold feet to make it as pleasant as possible?

For me, there is still much to prepare for the winter. The apples must be down, elderberry syrup must be cooked, jams must be cooked ... Rose hips have to be dried. In the garden I have not much todo this year because its devastated by the pigs .... The sty must be winterized.
Candles need to be buyed ... , Visits must be planned, the old stories are being told, the holidays have to be prepared. The geese must be guarded until yule, midwinter ... or better "christmas", so they are not stolen by the carnivore neighbors Confusedmile:

Bath against cold:
250 g salt, 200 g of sage

Winter Tea:
2 handful of raspberry leaves,
A handful of elder flowers
A handful of dried rose hips

2 teaspoons to 1 cup water

Mulled
1 liter of red wine
2 cloves
1 cinnamon stick
Lemon peel
Orange peel
Sugar, vanillasugar

just get hot, do not boil

Dampfnudeln

1000 g flour
450 ml milk
150 g sugar
1 cube of yeast
salt

Blueberry jam

Prepare yeast dough, form medium balls, fill with jam (2 teaspoon)
Cook 20 minutes in steam over boiling water - not boil in water!.
Serve with vanilla sauce

That seems like a lot of work, I prefer the do nothing till the first big snow fall be completely unprepared than bitch, bitch, bitch till spring.

TimmyThink Wrote:That seems like a lot of work, I prefer the do nothing till the first big snow fall be completely unprepared than bitch, bitch, bitch till spring.

Yes, it is a lot of work... but it is also worth. As first you are out in the nature ... and than you really knows what you eat etc. I don´t eat anything canned, fast food or finished products.
To do nothing ... is much to boring for me ... but.. you go to work and spend a lot of time there, i don´t... and so I must see to fill my day Confusedmile:

I love Autumn hehehe
anyway it's romantic season!

Darn i felt lucky because i am living in Texas...no heavy winter here but fall is very pretty

I'm looking forwards to Winter Ales.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

ive copied the mulled wine recipe to try out at a later date ,thank you - really like the sound of the winter tea but no idea where to find raspberry leaves (nothing grown locally here), i know the other parts are available in our Holland&Barret health stores though...anything that will help keep colds at bay are great ideas in my book

matty7 Wrote:ive copied the mulled wine recipe to try out at a later date ,thank you - really like the sound of the winter tea but no idea where to find raspberry leaves (nothing grown locally here), i know the other parts are available in our Holland&Barret health stores though...anything that will help keep colds at bay are great ideas in my book

try to get raspberry leaves and the other things in a drugstore.. they must have or can order it