Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Away from life
himself Wrote:It'd be cool but you'd still have to get up and do stuff. It'd be nice to be in a half-coma for a while. You drift in and out of consciousness so you can appreciate being asleep most of the time.

LOL made me giggle haha

Cridders88 Wrote:Quite often I get this feeling. I don't think I would want to go away for ever, but a year out somewhere away from everything would be good Smile

Yes just a short time away from life and well i do like nature, i have missed out on so many things and my life is so boring but so much stops me.

What is stopping you now, Northlad?

The question is what can you do. I used to have all kinds of ambitions and then I got older and was always working for someone else and now here I am at the brink of getting old. I'm not working anymore. I could do things within my limited budget, but I don't, partially due to my health.

Several guys in this thread have talked about fairly long getaways--months or a year. I have never even developed the skills for taking a vacation, or in UK terms, a holiday. Shame on me. There's gotta be a way.
I bid NO Trump!

I'm curious, [MENTION=20933]LJay[/MENTION]. What skills do you need to take a vacation?

I dunno, [MENTION=20941]Camfer[/MENTION]. We did take one long trip when I was a kid, staying here and there and touring sites, but I really have never taken a vacation as an adult. I would have to be travelling alone and fear that it would not be much fun. I have always just worked through whatever vacation time I had and figured I would do it later. Well, later is here and I feel like I ought to try.
I bid NO Trump!

Yep, time to start living it up a bit there, LJay. Plan a trip! It doesn't have to be expensive. If you're alone at home, it can't be worse to be alone exploring some part of the world that's new to you.

Maybe you have a hobby? Plan some trip around that and you will meet other people who are interested in the same things you are.

Example: I like playing African drums. I found a drum camp where I could sleep in a tent at night and drum all day for a week straight. I went knowing no one. The first day felt a little strange. By the second day I had met a lot of drummers and dancers from all over the place. By the end I'd got to know a bunch of people I still keep in touch with. We had a quick rapport because we had this music in common.

Northlad Wrote:I have this urge and feeling i want to be away from the structure of life, like join a hippe commune and be near nature and well away from the crap of day to day life (yeah i am away of the pro's of normal day to day life too)

Anyone else got anything this would like in this sense?

No, you're not wanting to escape the structure of "life", because "life" is a very conservated and well orchestrated net of biochemical reactions within a semi-closed self-sustaining system that is the cell :p

That aside, you want out of the structure of current society and of the societal standard process.

I've never had any feeling like this, as in, heading out to nature....I like seeing nature, sure...living in it? Uhm...no...I like the security net of a household in a city with the critical things you need available to you.

I can, of course, understand the need to get out of the "system" in which you're supposed to conduct your living. It can get stressing, boring, routinary...some changes are needed to not go crazy!
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Northlad, methinks that INH has gone on ecologically ratiocinative on us.

You have good inclinations, but if you want to join a hippie commune you should move South. All that taking off of clothing is more comfortable where it is warmer.
I bid NO Trump!

there's a guy I used to hang out with that did this, he moved across the country and searches for little odd jobs for money and lives out in the wilderness. it sounds like he's enjoying himself so far, but the sad part is he was cute and left right after I found out he's gay Sad
[Image: tumblr_n60lwfr0nK1tvauwuo2_250.gif]

Northlad Wrote:I have this urge and feeling i want to be away from the structure of life, like join a hippe commune and be near nature and well away from the crap of day to day life (yeah i am away of the pro's of normal day to day life too)

Anyone else got anything this would like in this sense?

Oh, I feel like this all the time! Living in a city and being part of the 9-5 rat race just feels so alien to me, and I feel I should be doing something much more constructive with my life. I want to get off this conveyor belt and break my mould, but I feel like I've lost the instruction manual on what I'm meant to be doing instead :biggrin:
<<<<I'm just consciousness having a human experience>>>>