Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awkward Much?
LOL I just received an email from one of the male students in the dance class I help tutor. Poor guy thought I was a tomboyish girl! Oh man I feel so bad lol.

This calls for a facepalm!

I know right?! I have to be more macho or something . I have to help his group with their choreography tomorrow lol. Oooh I know I'm gonna die trying not to laugh XD

Rofl

Maybe you should go out for drag contests Smile

it's going to be sooooo awkward Laugh

Why should you feel bad, he probably feels quite embarrassed but that's nothing to do with you.

It also depends on the nature of the email.

Ummmmmmmmmm .....yeah.Laugh2

Time to correct him , but do it with a laugh.

I would take it as flattery, I couldn't care less if someone described me as handsome or beautiful, they both mean the same thing, your looks are appreciated.

Now I am guessing that your male student is straight, but he has made the mistake of assuming your gender (Assume = ASS out of U and ME ), and yeah it makes for awkward moments, but just tell him that you are flattered by the attention and a little taken aback at the fact that he seems to have confused your gender.

The poor kid is probably going to die from embarrassment for his mistake, so be gentle and reassure him that it is perfectly OK.

Blue Wrote:Rofl

Maybe you should go out for drag contests Smile

My bff would have a field day -_- I wouldn't dare lol

Undreamt Wrote:Why should you feel bad, he probably feels quite embarrassed but that's nothing to do with you.

It also depends on the nature of the email.

It's more feeling bad for the kid lol. I personally think it's funny but on his side it's like, gah poor thing. Nature of the email? lol he wrote, and I quote "For a tomboy, youre a really pretty lass. I love watching you dance, it's awesum. I know the girls in class are like dead jelly, but they have real reason to be ;p"

Oh poor thing!

dfiant Wrote:I would take it as flattery, I couldn't care less if someone described me as handsome or beautiful, they both mean the same thing, your looks are appreciated.

Now I am guessing that your male student is straight, but he has made the mistake of assuming your gender (Assume = ASS out of U and ME ), and yeah it makes for awkward moments, but just tell him that you are flattered by the attention and a little taken aback at the fact that he seems to have confused your gender.

The poor kid is probably going to die from embarrassment for his mistake, so be gentle and reassure him that it is perfectly OK.

Oh it is very flattering though I giggle at compliments and go shy when they're given seriously. I don't wanna make him feel awkward at all so I'm just gonna put this on me. I mean I teach hip/hop dance, clothing is everything so it's not like I was wearing anything...um, girly if you get me. It's all baggy shirt, hoodie and sneakers lol. Ah...don't wanna cause anymore confusion~

Oh he's straight alright lol. He probably is, now that I've kindly let him know that I am in fact male lol.