Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awkward night with my brother
Alright I’m hanging with my brother tonight, we’re just sitting around playing Playstation an he won’t stop calling me a faggot. Seriously I heard the word fag about 47 times tonight, at one point tonight he was flipping around the TV an for some reason he stopped on So You Think You Dance Canada. An every male dancer that was introduced my brother was like wow that guys a faggot. I’m setting there like 2 feet from him in my chair feeling all tight chested an awkward.

I would also like to add that the use of the word faggot isn’t out of the norm for my brother he’s pretty lose and free flowing his faggots, an it never really bothered me. I guess I’m just feeling a little hyper sensitive tonight or something.

Anyway my crazed rant is over.Whew

Or your brother was trying to tell you/show you something.

Have you tried to talk with him about that ? I would tell him that - if he forget your name again - he can play or stay with himself. And if he does .. I would kick him out the Room and your life for a while. Maybe he has no idea the he offend and hurt you... and that I would tell him very clearly....

That reminds me on my brother and my mother when I was maybe 17 ... Was in my room with my bf .. and my brother came home - totally drunk. On the stairs to the room he grumbled something like " The Fags are sleeping... ". My bf want go out and hit him .. I said " Stay.. no need for ... " and I´m right .. my mother was in the kitchen, heard him ... and we could hear fast steps on the stairs ... runs in his room ( she was maybe 60 years that time ) . And we can hear "no"whack"body"whack" calls "whack" one "whack" of my sons "whack" a fag"whack". Door opens and my mother going back to the kitchen..... Next morning my brother came to breakfast ... bloody lip... scratches ... And asked us if we know what happens last night, if he had a dispute with his friends. My mother tells hi the story.. he blushes ... and my mother says .. "I seems to me that I ve done something wrong with your growing up .. and I have corrected it last night "...

sorry I checked your profile but it doesn'y say whom you hace come out too...

so simple question, does your brother know your gay?

Yes- Maybe he is just joking around as brothers do, but at the same time going a tad to far and personal if you are offended by the word. Easily just talk to him about it and say you dont like it etc...

No- Maybe he knows your gay and this is his way of letting you know o.O lol I dought that... I beleive every one has a word like a ctach phrase of some sort, for instance I used the word "twat" alot at on point, and so on and so on... maybe he is just going threw a phase where he enjoys the word fag, to me its a funny strong word Tongue YOU FAGG so I wouldnt take it personal.

but the awkwardness brings me to believe your not already out to him. So yea it could be awkward, but tbh there's nothing you can do about that, you'll feel it time after time after time theere will be amny situations which will make you feel awkward Big Grin just dont take em personal and carry on!

That's a pretty typical thing. I'm not really close to my brother, so I can't really tell ya. I really don't like it when the "f-word" (no, not fuck) is hurled around. It's just too overused and it's abused a lot.

It kind of continued today, I went by his place to make sure his dumbass is up for work. When to got there he was walking out the door with his bike, stopped pointed at me looked me dead in the face and said “ look a gay”. I put on my best mean face an gave an him the finger, oh it didn’t end there oh no. We were walking down the street, he gets on his bike an starts peddling away looks back over his shoulder an shouts Queer!
So over night I went from a faggot to a gay queer….hummm.

So for the whole does he know I’m gay thing, I am going with a no on that. Actually I’ll one up an say it’s impossible. My brother can’t know something I’m not 110% sure of myself. So yeah I going stop my train of thought there before I have a ten foot wall of text.

Whoa... that really really sux. Damn, man. I dunno what's up with your brother. He seems like a real dick. I hope he matures.

Eleanor Roosevelt (or was it...), said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I think your Brother knows, feels (intuit), and is certain that this word affects you; and he uses merely to get a rise out of you, and perhaps to dimnish your happiness. Don't give the bugger the satisfaction. Repress that sensitivity; or reverse the name calling. Tell him that his obsession with the word fag seems to indicate his desires for one; and he should just get over his curiosity, or indulge it. I bet you a $100 bucks, you won't hear the word fro him anymore.

Aaycle Wrote:Eleanor Roosevelt (or was it...), said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I think your Brother knows, feels (intuit), and is certain that this word affects you; and he uses merely to get a rise out of you, and perhaps to dimnish your happiness. Don't give the bugger the satisfaction. Repress that sensitivity; or reverse the name calling. Tell him that his obsession with the word fag seems to indicate his desires for one; and he should just get over his curiosity, or indulge it. I bet you a $100 bucks, you won't hear the word fro him anymore.

I agree with Aaycle.... but if you don´t know right and 100 % .. what he know... where from he has his knowledge ? Is he in a age that you can say "he´s only a stupid kid" .. or is he old enough to know what he does ?

Aaycle Wrote:Eleanor Roosevelt (or was it...), said, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent". I think your Brother knows, feels (intuit), and is certain that this word affects you; and he uses merely to get a rise out of you, and perhaps to dimnish your happiness. Don't give the bugger the satisfaction. Repress that sensitivity; or reverse the name calling. Tell him that his obsession with the word fag seems to indicate his desires for one; and he should just get over his curiosity, or indulge it. I bet you a $100 bucks, you won't hear the word fro him anymore.

Well said! Wow, I couldn't have said it better!