Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Awkward situation
Alright so I am trying to go out and make new friends. The problem is, one of the guys I met wants to date me, but he knows I am not ready to get into another relationship.

Today we went out shopping and I helped him find nice clothes for him to wear. I also bought a lot of stuff for myself. Then when we went out to dinner he paid for my dinner again! (He did it last time to!) I told him last time we hung out that I am not interested in a relationship, and he is aware of my anxiety issues.

He gave me kisses on the cheek before I left today, and wanted to walk me home but I said no. (Granted kissing on the cheeks is standard in Montreal with friends) but we ve only seen each other alone twice!

I like him, he is a really nice person, but i m not ready to date and i m not really attracted to him either. I do not know what to do.

Any advice ?

Tell him the TRUTH!!!
It'll set you free u.u

Like dis "I'm really as sorry Justin but I'm not that into you. I think we are better as friends"
And that is how you successfully friendzone someone u.u

Also good luck :3

Just tell him he is nice to hang with and its nice to have a shopping buddy, but that you are in no way interested in relationships or boyfriends or dating at this time. And if he wants to hang around you, he HAS to understand that. If not, then you will just say "adios" to him.

If he just "wont take the hint", then you might have to put a little "mean" into it. Some guys are just like that.

Thank you guys you are right. I have to be clear to him. I hope he can still be friends with me but I think it would be hard for him.

He told me that he gave up on guys years ago but then when we met through friends it all changed and he had feelings he s never felt before. so I know hanging out with him is sort of playing with fire. bah. life.