Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Azaelia Banks and the pitfall of excessive passion
I never heard of this young lady but if she's getting people all riled up more power to her.

Here is Stokley Charmichael, 1967…

Reparations would not negate the existing problems that Black people in the USA face in present day society.

Generations of Black people have been ostracized and treated as 3rd rate citizens. This has created a culture that is difficult for Black people to rise above and thereby attain a better life. The challenges they face today are much different than during the days of Slavery, or during the 1960's when they were seeking equality & fighting against blatant racism.

Today,,,, they are facing a different kind of oppression, one that comes from having the opportunities to rise above the poverty line, but stymied because they fail to acquire the skills to get them up the ladder. Some of this failure may be due to poor parenting,, and growing up in an atmosphere of defeatism where social pressures to emulate gangsters and drug dealers keeps them from becoming successful in mainstream society where they expect you to be presentable in mannerisms, dress, and speech. When youth are set-up for failure by the surroundings they live in, it can be expected that few will succeed.

Reparations won't resolve the problems of the past, and will not solve the problems of the present.

This is strictly my thoughts of the subject, and my opinion is not based on expert knowledge.

Jim
We Have Elvis !!