Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BBC introduces five-minute 'gay delay' to avoid causing offence
[img2=left]http://www.gayspeak.com/forum/images/news/bbclogo.jpg[/img2]
The BBC is to implement a new 'gay delay' system which will prevent presenters from landing in hot water over 'homophobic' jokes.

Last week, an Ofcom ruling found Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles in breach of the Broadcasting Code over comments he made about gay singer Will Young.

The new BBC system will impose a five-minute delay between filming and transmission of live television or radio programmes in which a gay tsar will quickly phone LGBT groups to check if a joke is really funny before it is aired.

A BBC spokesman said: "We are very pleased with the new gay delay system and are confident it will help avoid any offence to the LGBT community while allowing our presenters the freedom to entertain at the same time.

"The system will be trialled first on programmes such as The Chris Moyles Show and anything with Jeremy Clarkson in it."

The corporation is keen to clean up its act after a number of incidents involving presenters making jokes about gays and lesbians.

Clarkson said: "One of my new year's resolutions was to be more politically correct so I wholeheartedly welcome this invention."
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

How ridiculous

You can't make a joke about anything anymore ¬

Andy Wrote:"The system will be trialled first on programmes such as The Chris Moyles Show and anything with Jeremy Clarkson in it."

Roflmao

But still com'on if you dont want to listen to things that CENSORED offend you dont listen to or watch it!!
Stop being such CENSORED and blocking all the good stuff on tv, your just CENSOED running it into the ground because some people dont like to be offended.

I dont like Jimmy Carr because of his jokes.. so I dont watch it OMG SO HARD!!

Its nearly as bad as health and safety, we're turning into a nanny state its rediculous.

Sorry i should go over my post and censor out my words

[COLOR="Purple"]At first I thought this was a joke...

Is it a joke???

Found this part especially odd: [/COLOR]The new BBC system will impose a five-minute delay between filming and transmission of live television or radio programmes in which a gay tsar will quickly phone LGBT groups to check if a joke is really funny before it is aired.

fjp999 Wrote:At first I thought this was a joke...

Is it a joke???

Undoubtedly.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I must of been having a very ditsy Disoriented moment when I saw this story! Seems it was just an April fools joke! LOL Laugh2
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

Xyxthumbs

Yes, this was posted on 1st April originally Wink I must admit it caught my eye when I saw it on the day.

Andy Wrote:Clarkson said: "One of my new year's resolutions was to be more politically correct so I wholeheartedly welcome this invention."

I think this was the line to give it away Wink

In my defence I dont read things fully!