Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BGClive,Adam4Adam,Manhunt and other Gaydating sites
Who ever has a profile on a major gay dating site would be interested in this topic for those of you who have or had a profile think about wiether these sites have helped you find a happy relationship and the guy of your dreams and which site is the best for finding this. I am a memeber of BGClive,Adam4Adam and ManHunt and spend most of my time on BGC looking for mr right and ive been on BGC and A4A for about fours years now and have not found Mr. Right! Now is it the sites themselves or my views on them? The only thing that these sites have done was provide me with sex partners and show me how shallow Gay men including myself are and saying to myself is this all this lifestyle has to offer and I have been born with an attraction to men that can never be satisfied!

I found love on a mainstream dating website primarily aimed at straight people (match.com) but does allow one to enter one is a guy looking for a guy. Gay dating sites do generally seem to be a meat-market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

One my of straight colleagues introduced me to Grindr on last July/Aug. He found out about Grindr through his young brother who is gay.

Anyways he thought Grindr would be a good exposure for me to find gay friends as I just came out fully early this year. And who knows a boyfriend as well.

I was hesitant but eventually gave in. All my straight colleagues were excited to see Grindr.

I deleted Grindr from my Ipad and Ipod Touch few days later (Almost a week). My straight colleagues and I realized that Grindr functions mostly for hooking up and one night stand. Most guys on Grindr were not interested in anything further than sex.

I decided to rely on the traditional method. This method works for me before and after Grindr. I enjoy the traditional method to find and meet a guy as it is more adventurous, exciting and nerve wrecking. It's also easier to tell if a guy wants sex or a relationship through the old method. Besides it's a good way for me to brush up my social skill.

Quote:The only thing that these sites have done was provide me with sex partners and show me how shallow Gay men

Monogamous relationship is a rare breed in all sex orientations. But unfortunately somehow it looks more obvious in gay community. Some of my straight friends originally assumed that gay 'life' is only about one night stand/partying/hooking up. But I proved them wrong as I do not fit any of those 'lifestyles'.

from what ive gathered about those site, is they are nothing more then hook-up sites... i might be wrong being im not on any of them lol.

There can be good guys on those sites but sifting through the bad ones is a time consuming process, that's how I found a guy I'm really interested in dating, and he's a really great guy

I spent a small fortune in my twenties looking for Mr Right in some of these dating sites. Back then it was newspaper ads & telephone datelines. In the end I met my Mr Right in a real world environment without these dating sites being involved. Met him at my workplace, he was one of my customers. For me anyway it was the case of being in the right place at the right time with him turning up at my doorstep (or my workstation in this case).

For online dating I think if you are able to keep communicating with a potential candidate online for a few weeks or more before meeting then odds on he is also more genuine for something more permanent rather than a one night stand.

I have profiles on Bear411 and Match.com. I have it very prominently stated in my profiles that I'm not looking for one night stands or anonymous sex.

I have not foun my "Mr. Right", but I have met a few guys, gone out on a good number of dates, and met a guy who is turning out to be a great friend.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

The only thing that these sites have done was provide me with sex partners and show me how shallow Gay men including myself are and saying to myself is this all this lifestyle has to offer and I have been born with an attraction to men that can never be satisfied!

I am certain we would define "shallow" quite differently...I have never even visited one of the gay dating sites nor do I have a profile on any gay site except for this one. I would not consider it myself.

I don't know about you but my attraction to men has been COMPLETELY satisfied many times over and I wouldnt' trade my life for anything. I would do it all over again if I could.

I think you get out of life what you put into it. For instance...if you choose to objectify men then you will reap what you sow and never really be satisfied...if you blame it on them instead of taking responsibility for objectifying them in the first place then you might not have a great life.

determine if you want a relationship, warning: they are a lot of work. aside from that hookups, friends work, be realistic about your needs.

another dating site okcupid.com (is sorta different but works)