Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BNP Member Names revealed.
Whats everyone think of this then?

I found a few people around my area that are BNP members... cant say I care but still. Roflmao

Was it right to release these names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses in the first place?
This list is nothing new, the same happened last year and a very good website was taken down because it was published on it (thanks bnp jackasses).

But this year its suddenly been publisized and now people are getting harassed!

I don't know where I stand on this subject.
I think a rasist party is very wrong but I'm not sure about the members of that party.

Normally I'd stand behind the right ro privacy etc, but in the case of a far-right extremist party whose lobbying has provoked difficulties in equality for years, I'd be happy to make an exception.

If the release of this data makes people more wary about joining or supporting the party, removes people in a position of distinct trust (such as police forces, medical services, etc) from their ability to combine racist views with such positions, and/or causes in-fighting within the party then quite frankly, I think the release of this information is quite good news.

Far-right extremists dressed up as a legitimate party do not engender sympathy from me for falling victim to tactics they're quite convincingly alleged to have used in the past.

Ky xx

Incidentally, that's coming from a Center-to-Rightwinger.

Ky xx

When I was a member of the Anti Nazi league in the nineties we had a chant "The bnp are nazi scum". And this gay hating, black hating and just about evrything which stands for freedom hating lot certainly bellong in the gutter. And dont even talk to me about consitutional rights the peoplpe are anti democratic by nature. Anyone who bellongs to a group which holds lets face it neo nazi views afford no protection. The BNP is the attempt at a respectical front for some of the most dangerous and violent members of the neo nazi movement. I wont go into some of the acts of violence the BNP have carried out on gays and blacks(They were the influence beside the stephan Lawrence murder) Lest you may not sleep at night(bricks blood). I could write for hours about my expeirience and run ins with the BNP(always en mass) but suffice to say a group who hate democracy and are only using it to get across their nasty views afford no protection

Privacy act should of stop that from happening.

I don't think its a good idea really, I know who they stand for but I stiil think it not fair to give out their address and names, because the next thing that well happen is all the anti Nazi groups, gay groups, and any other type of group will have to give out the details too.

Sweetlad, they weren't forced to reveal the information, it was leaked by someone close to the top of the BNP.

Presumably, so long as the groups you mentioned don't have anyone disillusioned enough with the movements to leak information, then the information's safe.

The privacy act, data protection act, etc didn't allow for this to happen, this was done by an individual of their own accord, in contravention of those laws.

Ky xx

No you should only have to give out youre details if you stand on basically a similar platform to hitlar. What happened to the privacy or lives of the groups the BNP(British Nazi Party) robbeded the addresses of and made their lives hell (or non existant in some cases)

Its against law, where ever it has come from!!

End of!

What's your point?

Two wrongs don't make it right!!