Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baby with a friend??
JohnSomebody Wrote:I've have had a few lesbian couples and some female friends who were single and requested me to be their sperm donor. I happen to agree with a lot of the responses that you're getting on this subject...(I'm a big fan of MikeW's responses...just awesome!!!!)...but to say the least...I did decline all of them...and guess what??? although I declined in the most flattering manner...none of these women have spoken to me since. This is a very touch matter and therefore you have gotten some great advice ....Good luck with your decision...

I agree with both your wise decision AND your comment about [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION]...his responses are well thought out and always to the point...I always read your responses too...you seem to be very down-to-earth and to have a lot of common sense...

JohnSomebody Wrote:I've have had a few lesbian couples and some female friends who were single and requested me to be their sperm donor. I happen to agree with a lot of the responses that you're getting on this subject...(I'm a big fan of MikeW's responses...just awesome!!!!)...but to say the least...I did decline all of them...and guess what??? although I declined in the most flattering manner...none of these women have spoken to me since. This is a very touch matter and therefore you have gotten some great advice ....Good luck with your decision...

Can you blame them? If that's you in your avatar, I'd want to have your babies too! Wink

Do you really want this responsibility hanging over your head for the next 18 years or more?

If you were happy about the idea, it would be different, but he fact that you are not, BIG RED FLAG. Don't do that to a kid.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

[Image: redflagwarning.png]

[Image: viewphoto.asp?id=43]

[Image: 2009J02.jpg]

This thread is a perfect example that almost anyone can breed, but it takes special people to actually be parents.

Borg69 Wrote:Can you blame them? If that's you in your avatar, I'd want to have your babies too! Wink

Haha...you are making me blush...thanks so much for the compliment...

Pyromancer Wrote:I agree with both your wise decision AND your comment about [MENTION=20947]MikeW[/MENTION]...his responses are well thought out and always to the point...I always read your responses too...you seem to be very down-to-earth and to have a lot of common sense...

Thank you so much for the compliment...I'm glad that you find my responses well thought out because they are....thanks again

JohnSomebody Wrote:Haha...you are making me blush...thanks so much for the compliment...

Resistance is Futile...
[Image: borg-queen_f_improf_345x259.jpg]

Ok so the responses are very good.

Maybe i was lacking in detail somewhat...

This would not just be a quick wham bam thank you mam and we have a child.
We are really talking about it and its something i have always wanted to do (have a child)

I have the means financially, i work full time and i would be a loving father.

My main focus was to see what people thought about 2 "friends" having a baby together.
Rather than whether its a big decision or its an 18 year commitment because i do genuinely know these points.

Although i must admit some of you guys have got me thinking alot though.

Thanks for the replies and i will take note of each and every one.

One other thing- My reason for staying anonymous is because i have real life friends on here too and i dont want them knowing until we have made a decision.

Thats the one and only reason Smile

Thanks again guys.
I always know to expect good feedback from the Gayspeak community Big Grin

Anonymous Wrote:...My main focus was to see what people thought about 2 "friends" having a baby together....
Yeah, it would have been helpful if you'd shared a bit more of your excitement about becoming a father rather than focusing on this potential "awkwardness." Frankly, I just don't quite understand where that question is even coming from. You're both adults. What's "weird" about wanting to be parents? And "weird" to *whom* and why should we care what *they* think?

My concern is that you are mature enough to make this decision, mature enough to commit to a life-long relationship, mature enough to be responsible for a child's life and development, etc. If you feel confidant you can do that and want to do that, then who cares wether you are friends with the surrogate mother? I don't see how it could be otherwise, really, unless you were going to be an anonymous sperm donor or have nothing to do with the child's life.