Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you eat usually?
Fruit and veggies.

I don't eat breakfast usually. When I do, it's usually oatmeal.

Lunch...well, that is a bunch of different things

Summer food here would be, and I better put some definitions that I got from an anglo website, cause I'm too lazy to translate myself :tongue:

Porotos Granados - fresh bean dish with ground corn and pieces of pumpkin served hot.

Pastel de Choclo - Ground corn and meat, chopped onions small pieces of chicken, pieces of hard boiled egg, olive raisins - baked in clay or regular oven. Similar to a shepherd pie.

Tomaticán - Tomato and beef stew with corn, chopped onions and basil

Pebre - seasoning of tomatoes with chopped onion, chili, coriander, and chives. Usually served in a little clay dish.

Charquicán - Potato, pumpkin, mince, onion, carrot sometimes with peas and corn (both optional) all mashed together.

Humitas - boiled corn leaf rolls filled with seasoned ground corn.

Winter foods typically from here would be

Carbonada - meat soup with finely diced beef and all kinds of vegetables such as potatoes, onions, carrots, broccoli, green pepper and parsley.

Sopaipilla - a flat circular deep fried 'bread' made of pumpkin and flour.

Machas a la Parmesana - parmesan cheese raizor clams.

Caldillo de Congrio - conger-eel soup with onions, potatoes and carrots.

Pastel de Jaiba - Chilean Crab Pie served in its own shell.

Cazuela de Vacuno - beef soup with pieces of meat, potatoes, corn on the cob, carrots, onions, green beans, garlic, chunks of pumpkin, rice or noodles.

Yeah, and obviously there's the pasta, the rice, the chicken based lunches mixed with all the above. Ad whatever salad you see fit. Tomato with onions, lettuce or cabbage with corn and tuna...be creative.

Fruits: in the summer, cherries, watermelon, grapes, chirimoya, tuna (no, not the fish), strawberries, melons.

Bananas, apples, oranges are usually an all-year thing

Dinners are a no no here, cause instead Brits trained us to do tea time.....but this ain't tea with the queen, bitches, this is Latino Tea Time.

Tea....(and the disastrous tea with milk that makes me vomit but some people like)

Bread and pretty much everything you seem fit to put in it. Could be cheese, cound be ham, butter, honey, could be left over fish from lunch, could be left over tomato salad from lunch....

seriously...anything you have can go with bread.

Usually, for me it's avocado or turkey ham.

Breakfast: Usually a green smoothie (you know, with spinach, kale, arugala, etc.) and fiber-water. And maybe PB toast for some protein. (Toast is my total weakness… Tongue )

Lunch: A salad with avocado and chia seeds.

Dinner: Varies a lot… often times soup or a pasta…

I don't really like much meat, but when I do have it, it is usually fish or turkey. Smile