Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backward baseball cap = oral bottom???
Walked outside with a backward baseball cap on (not trying to be cool, just wanted to keep my hair down and not obstruct my vision), and my boyfriend said that a backward baseball cap is an international symbol in the gay community that means you're an oral bottom.

I have never heard this at all. I think it is ludicrous. It makes sense that if wearing a hat it'd have to be backward to give a BJ (getting pecked with the bill would get awfully annoying otherwise), but in no way have I ever heard of this being a signal comparable to the hanky code.

After finding nothing on the internet he acknowledged that it might be a European thing. I think he's just wrong.

Has anyone heard of this?

(also, if the Chit Chat forum is not the place for a question like this, let me know. I'm still figuring out GS)

I've not heard of this, but then I don't wear a baseball cap.

I've not heard this one either.

I have read about baseball caps being used for signalling by lesbians in the 60s-80s, because it was non-traditional clothing that women could wear without being seen as a cross-dresser or overly masculine. This was more about being recognized as a lesbian than code for any sex act though.

Not heard the baseball cap one....heard the 'fuck' bands, hanky, shirt colour, and various other crap symbols or whatever you want to call it, but I think they are all myths. I couldn't imagine every sk8er being an oral bottom :-P be nice though.

There's a long history of urban legends like that, like jelly bracelets kids like to wear advertising what kind of sex they'd engage in depending on the color. And I once got propositioned to whip a guy because I wore a studded belt that apparently women in the local S&M community did and it was supposed to mean I either wanted to whip or be whipped with it. I've heard of a girl getting into problems because she wore a choker which was supposed to be a sign that she liked being choked during sex and so a guy did. Sometimes there's a grain of truth to them, other times they are pure urban legend. I don't know what the baseball cap is.

Sounds like BS to me.Rolleyes
Do people really guess other people's sex habits though what they wear any more?!:confused:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Thanks for all the input. I suspected it was nonsense. Although, it is much harder to prove something is not true unless it has been specifically addressed before.

I remember the jelly bracelets. They were banned from my school after the local news channel ran a story about their alleged secret meaning. Where does this kind of stuff come from?