Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Dreams, No Sleep
Another night goes by with little sleep. An hour here... 30 min there... count the ceiling bumps... another hour... get out of bed because the sun is hitting your face.

When I do sleep, I usually have the most horrid nightmares I've ever had in my life. Radiation poisoning, giant snakes eating me, people dieing, me having to survive the night being hunted... This sucks!!! :mad:

Is it because I worry? Is it because I'm stressed? Is it because I'm (insert word)?

Please Halp!!! I want to sleep soundly! :frown:

1. Do you have any reason to worry? Try to resolve any problems that are keeping you awake. This is normally not half as difficult as people think. Doing something to help resolve the problem will make you relax a lot more.
  2. Avoid drugs, drink (except in very sensible quantities – go for quality instead of quantity).
  3. Make sure you are really tired when you put your head on the pillow: plenty of exercise and good sex.
  4. Take an hour out before bedtime to just sit around, talking about unimportant things, watching something on TV with the feel-good factor.
  5. Avoid horror movies, war films, anything violent.
  6. If all that doesn't work, try a relaxation CD.
  7. Yoga. It's one of the best things for relaxation.

i would say thats brilliant advice above! :biggrin:

The truth is, no one knows why we have dreams/nightmares, (i wont go on about the psychology of it, that was another section on the exam, i do have a life other than psychology, honest!) so really no body knows why you have nightmares, could be due to stress, or it could be something completely different. (if you are sad like me and want to know the theories, message me, more than happy to chat about it Smile )

One other thing i would mention, i cant remember what the chemical is called, but i know its found a lot in cheese and red wine, its something along the lines of tyramine? im sure that is linked nightmares, but dont hold me to it. i know it something to do with sleep anyway. So avoid eating up to about 1 - 2 hours before you go to bed aswell, because you can make a few chemicals in your body, and also it raises metabolism so you will find it harder to sleep.

just to add to what peterinmalaga said, when you relax for the hour before bed, try and keep the room quite dark, and that will help you get to sleep.

And one last thing, keep the room at a nice temperature, not too hot and not too cold.

Lee :biggrin:

I spent years having nightmares where I am being chased by zombies endlessly...I would wake up soaking wet and shaking. I do beleive that dreams are a result of your subconscience trying to deal with a situation or problem that your conscience mind cannot process. I eventually figured out a way to make them stop.

I reasoned to myself that when I face fears in my conscience awake state...I know embracing them and facing them down will diminish them so I figured instead of waiting for the terrifying zombies to come and eat me...I went to sleep trying to induce the fearful dreams and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that embracing my fears in my unconsceince even if I didnt fully understand them is much like facing your conscience fears....same dynamics. My nightmares were over.

Good Luck...I know what it is like and it sucks.

Dreams about snakes mean you are dreaming about sex and sexuality... So it must be on your mind right now, strongly so... to such a point that it's eating you... ha. well maybe you ought to be eating it...?

princealbertofb Wrote:Dreams about snakes mean you are dreaming about sex and sexuality... So it must be on your mind right now, strongly so... to such a point that it's eating you... ha. well maybe you ought to be eating it...?

I'd be down with that. HA!

I'd smoke a joint if I had hard time sleeping... but that's just me.

Smoking a joint gets me to sleep but after about 3 hours I wake up and find that I'm more awake than ever. For me pot and drink only work for a short time, unless you get so legless that you have a mega hangover the next day - not my idea of fun.

Hey, if you can get high without a joint, than that's the BEST. :biggrin:

For some people, (like me), we need extra help to forget the life's misery.

Paris Hilton just got arrested and released in South Africa for possession of marijuana.

I support her 150%.