Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Panic Attack
Drink some cold water. Step outside. Relax your facial muscles. Google 'stop panic attacks' and follow th advice.

Spellbound Wrote:Drink some cold water. Step outside. Relax your facial muscles. Google 'stop panic attacks' and follow th advice.

Thank you for the advice.
An eye for an eye

i woke up 4:30am today, everything worked out ok today tho

I have Calmed down. Drank some cold water and took in a bit of air. I feel like a fool but it's good knowing that I can turn to you guys for help. Thank you all.
An eye for an eye

Glad you're feeling better Dan. Please do take care of your self and take precaution should this occur again. Don't hesitate to turn to us like you did just now. Bighug

*hug* Smile I get panick attack sometimes i feel ya

Dan, when ever you want someone to talk you can send me a private message.

I have not had severe bouts of panic attacks, but I have had them.

From what you posted, I would say anxiety sets off your panic buttons. This time, it happened to be that you didnt know where you BF was....which made you anxious, so that set off your panic buttons.

I would suggest getting a punching bag or punching clown. Next time you start feeling anxious, dont let it become a panic attack, get into punching the bag or clown.

You need an outlet for this anxiety before it puts you into panic mode. I would suggest physical exercise of some sort, hence the punching bag or clown. You can also try going outside and skipping rope, playing ball, riding a bike, or jogging.

The physical stress you get from anxiousness gets released during physical activity. Thats why you cut yourself or put your fist through the window.....that stress has to go somewhere. Just dont let it come back on you.

You have to find some outlet for your anxieties so they DONT come back at you and you end up harming yourself. Im sure that freaks out your boyfriend, and we dont want him having to worry about you.

I would also suggest that if he is going to be gone for more than 30 minutes to an hour (other than work), that he should call you or leave you a message, so you DONT get anxious and then go into panic mode. Do you guys not have cell phones?

Find something to work out the stress when you feel it coming on, and you will feel better, instead of harming yourself.

Bighug

Thank you for all your help guys. Smile it means a lot to me.
An eye for an eye

Sounds like I missed the crisis, but I want you to know that I'm thinking about you, Dan. Anxiety and panic attacks are no fun. You have a lot of support here, so let us know if you need more from us.