Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barack Obamas standing with gays
There are 4 possible positions gays may have towards the reelection of Barack Obama.
I would like tp know which you currently prefer.
1. He should win. He will win.
2. He should win. He will lose.
OR
3. He should not win but he will win.
4. He should not win and will not win.

I'll give my own opinion at conclusion of poll,. Thanks. I am as curious of non-US opinions 448 views--just 14 votes please click opinion

Time's up. I wouldn't let Obama walk my dog or housesit a cat. Obama is just a bit too indifferent to people. I live in New Jersey and I know who is in charge of the Secret Service in the White House. I have known him since high school. We were in the marines together. I remember when he fell in love with his wife. I enjoy the fact that he still has that look of love on his face when he is near her. I would love to elect my friend as POTUS but he hates Washington politics. The head of the Secret Service is a bit of a giggler. He has a traditional Irish sense of humor about life. I like to giggle. My favorite comedian is currently Michele Bachmann.. When she talks about how all gay men were abused as children I start to giggle. Hey Michele my mom and dad never left a mark on me. Hey Michele my parents accepted my homosexuality better than I did. Michele I think you have gays confused with wife beating, child abusing Republicans.
Every President since Carter has addressed my friend by his first name. Obama calls him "agent" and is not even aware that he is in charge of security at White House. Obama knows only the last names of those people called the Obama team. Agent, tell Axlerod I want to see him. Agent tell my wife I'll be havig lunch with her. Maybe I'm weird but I would never say to a member of this site---Member walk my dog. Member, feed my cat. I think I would prefer to ask you by name to do something personal. Obama doesn't feel like that. Obama is not interested in being told anything about gays. He demands that Axlerod give him information on gay vote and nothing else. Obama wants to know about black vote and nothing else. Obama wants to know about senior vote and nothing else. Obama prefers to talk about Obama and nothing else.

Guys I truly like hanging out with gay guys. You seem as tepid towards Obama as he is indifferent to you. Fred Kargan is the first openly gay man running for President as a Republican. So far they have blocked him from all debates. Look him up on internet or YouTube.

Personally I would like a political system modelled on our solar system The center of our system, the sun, appears perfect and is the source of all life. We know if we get to close to perfection we will be destroyed by it. Likewise, if we drift to far from perfection, our temperature will drop to absolute zero and we will perish. I would like a system where everyone could establish his own orbital path. The best description of me was given by Curt Cobain---I feel stupid and contagious---I like having people around but I require my own space.

You know this won't be a scientific poll, right?

Um . . . 1. sort of, I guess. I haven't seen anyone I would like better. There is nothing I really detest about what he has done and some things I like. So, I guess that leaves me with an unenthusiastic 1.

As an outsider with no say in the matter it looks like he's mostly handled himself more honourably than many. He's certainly an improvement on the previous model.

i agree with u marsh...

It's hard to predict will win/lose portion without knowing for sure who his opponent will be, though wishful thinking and lack of a leading contender as of now on the Republican side, I hope he wins and I hope Democrats start taking control back of other seats they lost as Republicans across many states and in Congress are doing a sh!tty-a$$ job on many accounts, from taking away protection for civil rights in TN to the whole union debacle in WI to wanting to cut benefits for seniors nationally, and the list goes on.

That said, I saw today that the Human Rights Campaign has already endorsed President Obama for re-election

I'm reserving judgement until I know what the alternative is.

I think Obama's tepid enthusiasm for gays should be matched by our tepid enthusiasm for him. He keeps dropping hints that his views on marriage are 'evolving'. The man was a lawyer, by all accounts a good one, he knows that the Constitution demands, at the least, a rational basis to exclude same-sex couples from marriage. To the best of my knowledge he has never articulated a rational basis to oppose same-sex marriage but support civil unions. I'd have more respect for him if he was more honest.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:I'm reserving judgement until I know what the alternative is.

I think Obama's tepid enthusiasm for gays should be matched by our tepid enthusiasm for him. He keeps dropping hints that his views on marriage are 'evolving'. The man was a lawyer, by all accounts a good one, he knows that the Constitution demands, at the least, a rational basis to exclude same-sex couples from marriage. To the best of my knowledge he has never articulated a rational basis to oppose same-sex marriage but support civil unions. I'd have more respect for him if he was more honest.

"He has never articulated a rational basis to oppose same-sex marriage but support civil unions"

LOL, Is British politics so much different than American, Fred? Here, one knows without the point being articulated. There are two reasons why he supports civil unions and not marriage: 1. election 2. reelection. No one sais democracy is perfect, indeed, there is something to be said about the tyranny of the majority.

Actually, my above statement is exactly why the senator from Ohio will never serve as President of the United States. He is too much of an idealist and far to apt to stick to those ideals. While Kucinnich has all the qualities of an admirable and honorable man, he has very few of a politician.

Hey Gilhooly, also remember that a lot of posters on here are not Americans, therefore whatever their position might be it'll still be rather irrelevant to the results garnered from US voters... So... it's more of an opinion poll for the world (English speakers actually) than for the American people.

Wintereis Wrote:LOL, Is British politics so much different than American, Fred? Here, one knows without the point being articulated. There are two reasons why he supports civil unions and not marriage: 1. election 2. reelection. No one sais democracy is perfect, indeed, there is something to be said about the tyranny of the majority.

I wrote rational basis rather than reason. Of course votes are the real reason, my point is that Obama hasn't, as far as I am aware, tried to justify his position. In Britain a politician using popular support to justify a political position is, as far as I can tell, more dimly viewed than in the U.S. The real difference of course is that we don't have a written Constitution with an equal protection clause. We haven't stipulated that our laws must live up to such high ideals.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.