Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bashed!
I reported it to the police. I'm just in shock i would ever be the target of any attack. I may be a bitch but i never thought I'd provoke something like this. I was there in the dark. He knocked my glasses off so i couldnt see anything and i started crying. I've never felt so pathetic in my life.

good boy BighugProud of you.

Don't blame you for being shocked, nobody expects that to happen to them, but unforunately in this day and age, we need to expect it and take precautions to make ourselves less of a target.

Stand tall and proud mate, their goal was to humiliate you, but don't let them. Smile, be strong and be d_fiant Wink

I'm sorry to hear this happened to you, it shouldn't happen to anyone.

You say you never thought you'd provoke anything like this; you didn't. You didn't provoke anything, you are a good, sound individual who passes many people in the street every day and nothing nasty happens. You were not in any way provoking anyone.

It's really important that you understand this because it's true and because your confidence will at the moment, to put it mildly, will be a bit dented. You'll be looking to make it your fault because as a decent person you can't conceive of doing anything like this, so there must be a reason someone else did. Well, there is a reason and it's nothing to do with you, you're the same decent person you were before.

Going to the police was good, the circumstances suggest that they won't be able to do much, but going to them is what a decent citizen who has a perfect right not to be assaulted in the street would do.

If you need some sort of comforting narrative, and we all do in times like these, imagine this: the man who did this lives in a world where hitting people is commonplace, he'll be getting his. He'll doubtless be less distressed over it than you are but for him it'll happen again and again because that's where he lives. He's also got the problem of sleeping at night in fear of the innocent gay boys walking the street. We're none of us going to feel sympathy for your assailant, but he's not got much going for him. Even in your present sorry state anyone here would rather be you than him.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. :frown:

If you're worried about not "making the other guy look worse" then you can truthfully say that he sucker punched you and ran away. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should've retaliated (that's your prerogative, IMO) but I know when a guy shows up with his face smashed they get asked, "How does the other guy look?" and he's supposed to say the other guy looks a lot worse. So just in case that's part of what's bothering you I'm throwing that spin out there which sounds like it's true enough that you don't have to feel bad to recount it that way. Even the macho usually hold the one who starts a fight (name calling, throwing a punch) and then running away instead of finishing what he started in contempt.

Obviously, you should not blame yourself for his actions. He's the bad guy here, not you.

Good for you, Lewis, be proud that you did the right thing! It may be confusing right now, but you'll be glad you did it at some point.

Things like this make me so angry. You did the right thing and the *#%^* who attacked you is a coward because by speedily escaping in his car he gave you no chance to retaliate. I'm not saying that that would have made it all right or that you should of retaliated, as Pix previously stated that's your prerogative. But the way he perpetrated the crime makes him officially a coward, as well as a violent criminal and hate crime perpetrator. Don't feel guilty, you handled the situation as best as anyone could.

Very good of you that you went to the police, it was the right thing to do.

you are so brave reporting it you really have made me sit back and reflecting on the bashing issue if more of use start reporting it that shows the idoits out there that we are ppl to and no one has the right to hite use just because were gay, bie or lesbian you standing up for youre self my bring hope to the younger generation who might find them selfs in the same situation.Stay strong and remember ur alote braver then the jerk that hit you

I am so sorry for what has happened to you

I usually dont respond to any topics but i am now starting to and this upsets me BAD

First off im glad it was just a fist and not ten idiots with there boots or bats ect..
Some peple will flat out dissagree with what im about to tell you but its the truth of the matter..You have now personally expierenced what some of societys idiots are capable of doing to others. It is up to you to learn how to defend yourself. You are not a bitch because you didnt know how to defend yourself, you were never trained to do so. Now i believe u need to learn how. How you you choose to do so is your choice. There are many Martial Arts DEFENSE classes that are great. I personaly took a 35 hour course on firearms training and I choose to carry. Im not telling you do do what I did but i am telling you to prepare yourself for the next time. Because the ugly truth of the matter is that the will be a next time. Violence is never the answer but DEFENSE is.

Lewis,
Be strong, the s.o.b. blindsided you and even if you saw him face to face you had no way of knowing his intent or his reason. You have no reason to feel ashamed, even if your not out to everyone you can honestly say you were attacked by a stark raving lunatic. As for the police we have to trust someone sometime to help us and do the right thing, not that they always do. But I know there are the A-holes out there who will show themselves(PoPo} to be no good but there are the biggest part of them even if they disagree with your right to love another man, will do the right thing. Its like at work, if you have a complaint and it is not resolved take it up the chain of command, they have to take it serious, their jobs depend on it. If you find yourself feeling intimidated by the police try to remember they are there to serve and protect, And there are hopefully people in your life who can be with you for moral support who can actually go with you and just explain to the police that they are there because your rattled by the whole situation.
hang in there and if you need a friend stateside to talk to just message me. I' do work but when i'm at home i'm always around my computer.
Dan