Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass Covers
Great bass covers buddy , don't know why today is the first time ive seen this thread but im happy to see musicians on here Smile , got a couple of Bass guitars myself so I appreciate all the vids you put up

matty7 Wrote:Great bass covers buddy , don't know why today is the first time ive seen this thread but im happy to see musicians on here Smile , got a couple of Bass guitars myself so I appreciate all the vids you put up

Thank you, that means allot. Smile Glad you enjoyed the videos, and I've ran across threads like that as well before. lol I totally agree, and it's awesome to see another Bassist here as well. May I ask what type of guitars you have? Just curious. ^^ I'll keep posting more, and I've included another one below. It's one I made just before the last one, but I didn't get the chance to upload sooner. Thanks again.

Valkyrie - my First Bass is a ESP LTD F-415 [Image: xlarge.png?1414517161]
its a Tom Araya from Slayer signature bass, I couldn't affords the one with the pentagram inlays but I was happy with the bass I did buy...its lovely to play and the neck is slim compared to some too..

My second Bass is another signature from Jon Moyer of Disturbed - it came on sale at a great price and its a quality piece of kit too..and it sounds like thunder too Smile [Image: aekhwkkdvr7filpk8562.jpg]

Nice to see your using finger style playing - lot harder to do that way but you end up a better player I believe anyway - I do switch to using a plectrum on certain songs though...I use the Jim Dunlop 3mm stubbys for that - we defiantly have lots in common with your music choice too, I do love the Priest Smile

matty7 Wrote:Valkyrie - my First Bass is a ESP LTD F-415 [Image: xlarge.png?1414517161]
its a Tom Araya from Slayer signature bass, I couldn't affords the one with the pentagram inlays but I was happy with the bass I did buy...its lovely to play and the neck is slim compared to some too..

My second Bass is another signature from Jon Moyer of Disturbed - it came on sale at a great price and its a quality piece of kit too..and it sounds like thunder too Smile [Image: aekhwkkdvr7filpk8562.jpg]

matty7 Wrote:Nice to see your using finger style playing - lot harder to do that way but you end up a better player I believe anyway - I do switch to using a plectrum on certain songs though...I use the Jim Dunlop 3mm stubbys for that - we defiantly have lots in common with your music choice too, I do love the Priest Smile

Those are awesome Basses, and definitely a nice addition for any Bassist. Smile The necks definitely look fast and very playable, and the quality looks top notch as well. I also tend to look at what sales the local guitar shop's have going, and nothing like that low rumble. I had the opportunity to get a signature Nikki Six Black Bird Epiphone bass at one point, but I opted for a regular bass sense I tend to modify my Basses. Like my Squier P-Bass, I added Seymour Duncan SPB-2 pickups with a new bridge and tuners. Plan to add Seymour Duncan's to my other two Basses as well at some point. Disturbed is an awesome band, and totally. We have allot in common with choice of music, Priest, Def Lep, The Scorpion's, Dio, Disturbed and BFMV along with allot more totally rock. ^^ Yeah, there's kind of a story behind me using finger style. Tongue My first guitar instructor, the first day I showed up I had a pick in my hand not knowing what to expect and he casually took it out of my hand and laid it down before saying something along the lines of "We learn to use our fingers first then expand our technique.". It just kind of stuck with me using my fingers, and your right it can be harder at times, but I also believe we end up a better player as well plus I like getting in there and feeling the strings I'm playing if that makes sense. Nothing wrong with using a pick though, and I can understand. I used to use Dunlop 3mm stubby's as well, great pick's in my opinion.

Don't know if you have one or know about them but you could try and get hold of a cheap Bass compressor pedal - When you play using fingers it will even out the volume of the notes you play.....its difficult to hit each string with the same velocity using fingers so you get note hits sounding louder than the next...this type of pedal can help smooth things out - YouTube bass compressor uses to get a pro's explanation mate
Oh ...and keep rocking Smile

matty7 Wrote:Don't know if you have one or know about them but you could try and get hold of a cheap Bass compressor pedal - When you play using fingers it will even out the volume of the notes you play.....its difficult to hit each string with the same velocity using fingers so you get note hits sounding louder than the next...this type of pedal can help smooth things out - YouTube bass compressor uses to get a pro's explanation mate
Oh ...and keep rocking Smile

Yeah, I've been meaning to pick up a Sansamp bass driver peddle for what seems like forever, but I will. lol Tongue I use a deluxe bass big muff peddle currently, but to be honest I'm not much of a peddle guy, and not having known much about them I usually just try to dial in a good setting on my amp head together with my current peddle. Smile I agree though, a bass compressor peddle would be a big help, and I will check out the explanation on Youtube as you suggested. ^^ Now that I know fully the advantages of using one I most assuredly will. Thank you for the info on that, and for posting. Smile I also appreciate you watching, and will keep at it. You keep rocking as well, nothing like the low ruble of a bass. Smile