Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be kind to your animal friends.....
I saw an article today that almost made me cry (and I never do that) about a turtle searching for a spot to lay eggs who was assaulted by one or several persons who beat it with golf clubs.

Violence against humans is disgusting too of course, but at least there are motives to harm another human being. Not that anything but self-defense should actually count but still. There's no explanation for beating and almost killing a turtle. Apparently they estimated that it has a 40% chance of survival Sad

maybe its only a symbol and a token effort but i see no reason we cant live a vegan life.
-even if you were not brought up that way
-dont let someone bully you saying is not the manly thing to do

pellaz Wrote:maybe its only a symbol and a token effort but i see no reason we cant live a vegan life.
-even if you were not brought up that way
-dont let someone bully you saying is not the manly thing to do

The way I see it, even humans can abide one of the more fundamental laws of nature without being immoral. Obviously though, we should have the compassion not to kill wastefully and make sure animals don't suffer during slaughter. Sadly that's where we're not succeeding as good as we should be Sad

SolemnBoy Wrote:I saw an article today that almost made me cry (and I never do that) about a turtle searching for a spot to lay eggs who was assaulted by one or several persons who beat it with golf clubs.

Violence against humans is disgusting too of course, but at least there are motives to harm another human being. Not that anything but self-defense should actually count but still. There's no explanation for beating and almost killing a turtle. Apparently they estimated that it has a 40% chance of survival Sad

I cut through a college going to and from work. They have a lot of turtles and rabbits in the area.

Last summer, I saw that someone ran over a HUGE turtle, and it was full of eggs.
The turtle was almost completely gone, it had been run over so many times, but you could still see how big it was....I doubt I could have picked it up alone...thats how big it was!!
Anyway, there were eggs all over the place...and these fucking useless shitbags impersonating humans were running them all over!!! These dirtbags are lucky I cant afford to buy a gun!!!

Pix Wrote:Whenever Christians tell me they have superior morals and that I obviously don't have any I recall the prayer meeting at a Catholic church that used to be a couple of blocks from me. For some reason this strictly anti-gay prayer meet in support of Prop 8 passing (at least as I understood it, I wasn't aware of any other significance) was at least the equal of Easter where vehicles are parked for blocks around, and even more than usual there were locals who couldn't get in or out of their driveways due to inconsiderate Catholics.

A cat lady lived closer to them than me. As the anti-gay prayer let out people started to leave and she saw one of her cats had been run over. While taking care of the dead cat in her yard she saw a huge truck that had been idling suddenly squeal out of there and swerve wildly and she ran up to confirm her fears: she'd just lost another of her cats to a morally superior Christian. I bet they never even confessed doing so to their priest, either.

I hope they do find there is a God/dess and Her name is Bastet.

Oh, and interesting enough the church opposed a measure that would come down hard on those trafficking in underage girls from Mexico into America (the church is mostly Hispanic) and their reasons were shown to be baseless but they clinged to them which suggests they, or supporters, may be involved in that sex trade. In any case, they opposed that while supporting Prop 8.

That church would have BURNED if those were my cats!!! And I would have done it on a Sunday morning when all those pieces of garbage were all crammed in there.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:As a creature of the wild wood, I always put the needs of animals before the wants of humans....

Well honestly, I often put the needs of animals before the needs of humans... Hmm I don't know what that says about me.

Im reminded of watching some Sally Jesse Raphael shows on people who preferred animals over people. I cried through those shows. These people were treated like lepers, whores, and leches all their lives, by coworkers and family...so they turned to the animal kingdom for friends and family.

So sad. But I understood exactly.

Fuzz

SolemnBoy Wrote:The way I see it, even humans can abide one of the more fundamental laws of nature without being immoral. Obviously though, we should have the compassion not to kill wastefully ...
-so fundamental laws exist? nice makes it easy.
-confused; compassion or wasteful to kill republicans?

I love animals and don't know why I have not yet become a vegetarian... Mmmmh...

If you're thinking of beginning, imo it's better not to jump right into it, but to slowly reduce your meat intake and find vegetarian meals you love just as much. If you do jump, you'll experience the 2 week detox which makes you feel pretty bad, and that's what stopped me on my first attempt. It took me about a year of moving over. You've got to want to do it FOR yourself and FOR your ideals. It won't work if you feel you're banning yourself, it's important to feel liberated.

Also note the other benefits:
* Greatly reduced chance of cancers, obesity, and food poisoning
* Much easier to maintain weight
* Better skin, hair and nails
* More likely to have better nutrition (contrary to popular belief)
* More energy (contrary to popular belief)
* Better for the environment, takes lots of water and food to grow animals
* Better for humanity, if everyone became a vegetarian we could feed the word twice over

I have hunted for food (not for sport). I have my 'ritual thanks' that I give when I take a kill. I killed with a purpose, not for shits and giggles, and I definitely did my best to make certain that the shot was clean and death was as immediate and 'humane' as possible....

Humane - we need a better word since its root is Human and as we all know there are lot of those who are far from humane.

I don't get torture of other living things. Setting frogs on fire, swerving to HIT an animal - using an magnifying lens on ants...etc. It is pointless killing.

More of that humane thing humans are proud of I guess. Rolleyes