Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beards
Why did you decide to let it grow?  Was it because it is fashionable?  Was it because you think it made you look better?  Was it because you were fed up with having to shave every day?  Any other reason?
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I felt I look better with it.

However, I keep it very short, so it's more of a beard line than an actual beard.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

(03-22-2021, 02:17 PM)LONDONER Wrote: Why did you decide to let it grow?  Was it because it is fashionable?  Was it because you think it made you look better?  Was it because you were fed up with having to shave every day?  Any other reason?

all of the above. Surprisingly my beard had a little bit of a red tint. Everyone loved how I looked except for my hubby. I didn’t have enough growth on my cheeks for a full beard, so I only had a blond Sheriff of Nottingham. It was fun for about 18 months, but then I got rid of it because I still had to shave, too much food got stuck and it i t c h e d and itched. Not missing it.
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I shave every morning, but my facial hair grows so fast I'm scruffy by noontime.

I don't really follow the fashion all that much, but I definitely think I look better with a beard, and most people say the same. I look quite baby faced without one. I've had my beard for about 7 years now and I don't see that changing soon. I did shave it off a few years back... never again. The worst bit about that was I still had a beard kinda... a beard of pure white skin vs slightly tanned skin. Not a good look  Big Grin

(03-22-2021, 02:17 PM)LONDONER Wrote: Why did you decide to let it grow?  Was it because it is fashionable?  Was it because you think it made you look better?  Was it because you were fed up with having to shave every day?  Any other reason?

It all started a few years ago for No-Shave November... Then it kind of makes me look better imo and when I did shave it off I quickly remember how much I dislike having to shave all the time. At the same time when it starts growing out it gets annoying. Also covers up the double-chin I have developed...
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

I don't like the alternative, I look like a prepubescent boy if i go clean-shaven.

I've never grown a full one but usually let stubble grow for a max 3-4 days before shaving it off again and repeating! Wink
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

I can’t remember how old I as when I started having a beard. Somewhere in my late teens I think and it’s still with me. One brief exception on the only occassion I got into serious drag for a friends 21st birthday. I discovered a fetish for large beards, preferably red later on. I’ve no idea where it came from but it’s still with me.