Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beautiful Men
Vigilias Wrote:Sylph, the guy in your second pic would be more attractive (to me) with shorter hair and the guy in last pic with less gunk on his face lol.

No problem with cosmetics that stay in the bathroom but this makeup on guys is a fairly recent trend and one I haven't wrapped my head around yet.

No You see Vigilias my Darling... This is merely history repeating itself.

Men of old wore make up or "cosmetics" of a varied kind throughout history, for cultural, identification, war or beauty reasons and serves quite the important role in history as well.

It is only in modern times do Men view this facet of life as repulsive or undesirable, due to the effect visually many makeups create on a man that lead to unforeseen outcomes, one of which is the proposed idea of induced homosexuality through desire of the beheld, upon the confusion of the beholder.

And so it has been stigmatized by the mass in order to reduce this possibility in an attempt to futilely keep the Human race from being "corrupted", by "unnatural" desires and feelings.

This Stigma has carried throughout the world, most notably of people with whom this does not carry a cultural attachment to, such as Americans and Europeans.

Indians and Chinese, otherwise wholly known as the Oriental or even previously the Mongol race, do not share this sentiment, as cosmetics are seen as an integrative aspect of their culture, showing status, rank, affluence, and the like.

Perhaps not to accentuate Beauty specifically, but it is known that Royal and Noble men were known to adorn cosmetics to amplify their regality outwardly, thus "adding beauty" to their face and in some cases body.

A good example, is of Alexander the Great of Macedonia Greece and his men, of whom Hephaestion of Macedonia, was also noted, due to being Alexander's most trusted companion and believed Eremenos, Alexander the Erastes, whom both wore Eyeliner and several other forms of cosmetic accentuations, taught and given to them by the Indians and Eunuchs or "Pretty Boys" of India in which they fought and conquered.

As such, my Darling Vigilias, this trend of which you speak is neither recent, nor new, as it has been for years in progress and I for one personally find it to be empowering.

While women should and can be credited for their beauty and delicate features, Men should and can be free to pursue this as well if they so want.

However I do see this is not your personal preference, however I'd just like for you to know that it is not a shameful thing, nor is it for a man to have long hair or anything else this current society of ours has told us of what is and is not a man or woman and the standards they must up hold to be such.

~

Now shut up Vigilias and worship those beautiful men! Msn-slapping

You know dat last guy was just giving you life and nothing but masculine beauty!

Not to mention Andrej and his flawless edges...
:crying-and-sorry-li

...Andrej...