Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been gay can get u refused sevice in Kansas?
Tyrion Wrote:You sure about that? I'm not 100% on the law, but there have been several businesses here and in other states that have denied services to LGBT folk simply because of their orientation. For instance, there have been numerous cases where bakeries have denied to make wedding cakes for same-sex weddings (due to their "religious views") -- flat out saying "no, you're gay, I won't give you service". Of course this is terrible for business and usually creates an uproar amongst people in the towns that these businesses reside.. but in every case I've read about it's been legal (or at least no one stopped the businesses from doing this). ...

It's not a criminal act, but it CAN get the business owners sued (and has, in a few cases). Also, the Federal courts no longer buy the "religious views" excuse.

Miss Harry spoke without having all the facts. Yes, a law was proposed but it was never signed. When celebrities want to make a point they often resort to questionable information that would seem to support their statements. And why not pick on Kansas? Small state-well actually it's the 13th largest, where no body who's anybody goes-three of the wealthiest men in the world live there-and it's all about wheat and deer and playing antelope. Oh, and oil and gas and the largest airplane manufacturer in the world, where Pizza Hut, White Castle and Rent to Own started. Not to mention Cessna, Beech and Learjet all of which started there. Fifth largest oil producing state. But to Miss Harry and the rest of the East And the West this is just flyover country, to be avoided at all costs. And I'll tell you something, we're glad they're not here and they wouldn't be welcome based on their specious arguments, slams and downright ignorance. In the words of Burt Bacharach, "Just Walk On By", we'll never miss you.