Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Gay and Christian?? Possible?
Hey everyone!
So, this is my second post. Go read my first one if you wouldn't mind giving me your advice or opinion!! (Titled: Does he like me? New to bi life.. in Need Your Advice Forum)

Anyways,
As stated in the my first post, I am new to the bi life. I am still closeted and figuring everything out. I have had the feeling I was bi for several years. I am also a pretty devoted Christian. It bothers me that I am basically just always sinning. I love the Lord and all that He has done for me, but I cannot deny now that I am bi (I recently decided to tell myself this thanks to the guy who I speak of in my first post.)

This guy I have been talking to is the first guy I have ever really liked a guy in any sense. I do not know what to think since I am always conflicted by this. Is anyone else here dealt with this and NOT lost his faith or decided to be agnostic?

I have been reading a lot in scripture about how being homosexual is wrong, bad, etc. I just can't help it anymore.. No one else knows other than this guy I am talking to that I am bi and that I am conflicted with my faith. He used to also be a Christian but lost his faith due to stupid pastors and churches and other personal things.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! I am new to this site and it is also my only source to go to for advice on this sort of thing given my situation. So, THANK YOU!!

UPDATE ON FIRST POST:
I talked to him and brought about the fact that you don't just make-out with friends lol. He said that when we hang out, it just kind of happens. He also said he enjoys my company for sure. However, he also said he considers me a friend. BUT!! I told him I enjoy our hanging out and he replied that he enjoys it too and let's just see where things go. (Again he has said twice before he is not looking for anything serious, and I hope I may be changing his mind somewhat.)
For the past two weeks we haven't been hanging out as much and his texts are getting to where it can be anywhere from one minute to a couple of hours before he replies.

It is absolutely possible.

Head to Google, and search for 'gay church' with your zip code or town name. I'm sure you'll find a church that will accept you as you are.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

I can give you the simple answer.

Jesus never mentioned homosexuals. His message was love

So who do you listen to? Jesus...or Leviticus?

As for sinners...if you are Christian...we are all sinners. Hell...how many preachers have been caught with their pants down after preaching about it for years? It is so funny how they treat sinners...like a bowl of trail mix...pick the sins you want to shake your finger at and ignore the rest.

How many Christians walk up to a lazy person and say to them "Love the sinner...hate the sin?"...or a greedy person?..or someone who has envy? Nah...they save that "love the sinner - hate the sin" just for gay people..exclusively. Why don't they walk up to everyone they know and say the same thing?

If I was Christian..I would follow Jesus and ignore the rest of it.

I am Pagan and we don't have "sin"...and I quite like Jesus...

well, plenty of other gays,lesbians and bi's have found a way to do so (i Think an estimated 60% of gays and lesbians identifying as christian, religious or having spirituality as a major part of their life) and i understand (somewhat at least) where your coming from since i use to be in the same boat, but the thing is (and this is sort of a response to east, though it plays into a bigger picture) people say things like jesus never talking about homosexuality, and while that is technically true, he also that he didn't came to change the law(old testament) but to uphold it, the old laws were pretty clear on homosexuality. So if you desire to remain a christian that's fine, but to do so is probably going to require a lot of cherry picking (which most christians seem to do anyways, thankfully) and ultimately i think you have to ask yourself, what is it that christianity and religion/spirituality in general, offers that can't be obtain through purely natural/secular means. When comes to brass tax, it's up to you and you
alone to decide how important religion/spirituality is to your life, if at all, and ask yourself WHY you believe the things you do and if you don't have any good reasons to believe, than why bother?

Of course it is possible.

Christ had absolutely nothing to say about cock-sucking.

And he did cure the Centurion's homosexual slave lover. Look it up.

Actually East is Wrong. Jesus dealt with a gay couple and showed them the exact same respect and affection that he showed everyone else.

That gay couple was the Centurion and his Pais - which is a greek word that means slave with heavy under tones that part of that slave service was keeping the Centurion's sword well polished - and I'm not taking about the sword the Centurion used in the line of job.

Understand that the Centurion loves his pais so much that he dares to go to an enemy's 'magician' during a time of unrestful occupation of Judea seeking healing for a slave. That Centurion risked a lot - job, honor, reputation, freedom - in order to save his 'boy's' life.

Pais in servitude to Roman Military was highly rife with sexual intercourse. It was considered safer for a man to have sex with his 'boy' than with local whores because STD's and other issues. Most were married and had wive's far off in Rome or Italy, and they wouldn't see each other for years.

Anyway, Jesus didn't give criticism or make any noise about a relationship which was clearly one based on real love between two men. Instead Jesus went and healed the sick slave without demanding any charge.

The Bible has other very gay stories in it. David and Johnathan had a lovers relationship - Trust me John's father was acting the way he was because he felt that John and David were too close as friends - the old man was pissed that his son was having sex with another guy. They did things which in context of the culture of the time is what married folk would do. Such as the giving of the clothing, armor, etc - that would be what a man would do for his wife - not something a man would do for his best bud. It was an intimacy thing.

Ruth and Naomi were lesbian lovers.

Through out the bible there are clear indicators that there are two issues about homosexual sex at play. The first one is seen clearly in Leviticus - put that particular line back into the context of the chapter and you find that the bible is condemning activities done to worship the false God Moloch.

What few people of our time understand is that sex back in the ancient days was not a cut and dry thing as it is today. Victors would rape their defeated enemy before slaughtering them. Raping of male visitors to a city was done as a measure of having power over other people. Men would have sex with male temple prostitutes as a form of ritual sexual worship of false gods.

In Leviticus the condemnation is not about the love of two gay men - as in gay as we understand it - it was a condemnation of two men using sex as a form of worship.

Unfortunately the past 2000 years of history has been edited for our protection - meaning that the Church had a heavy hand in writing about the history and culture of past periods and they left a few things out of the common knowledge base.

The acts of Sodom was not the intended rape of the visitors as if the sodomites were gay (they weren't) it was a hospitality issue where they just wanted to punish visitors for being strangers.

The bible condemns a lot of lust acts for the sake of lust only. The bible affirms love between to individuals and if they have sex as part of that love there is no condemnation. Which is why there are groups of BDSM straight folk who are rightfully and totally christian in their belief that BDSM between a married couple is perfectly fine by God.

It is also why modern churches are turning their stance on only doctrine (which is all of those other books written to interpret the bible) and going back to the basic texts and putting it all back in context of those times, those peoples and reaching the conclusion that a gay man in love with another gay man may do whatever they want.

Sadly, this doesn't cover casual sex - but mind the straights are also condemned for that.

East Wrote:If I was Christian..I would follow Jesus and ignore the rest of it.

There we go! This is exactly what I do. I turn to God when times are rough and thank him when times are good. It's a good coping mechanism Xyxthumbs

Don't need any scripture to tell me homosexuality is a sin.

As far back as 1976, the Episcopal Church governing boards, (House of Deputies and House of Bishops) voted for a fully inclusive Episcopal Church, stating, “homosexual persons are children of God who have a full and equal claim with all other persons upon the love, acceptance, and pastoral concern and care of the church.”

There was also an openly gay Episcopal Bishop in New Hampshire, Gene Robinson, who served from 2004 until he retired in 2013.

A couple months ago I went to a same sex wedding at an Episcopal Church, and there was a strong spirit of acceptance and what seemed to be a very strong LGBT fellowship.

I'm sure that there are other inclusive denominations as well, you could probably search them out online.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Actually East is Wrong. Jesus dealt with a gay couple and showed them the exact same respect and affection that he showed everyone else.

That gay couple was the Centurion and his Pais - which is a greek word that means slave with heavy under tones that part of that slave service was keeping the Centurion's sword well polished - and I'm not taking about the sword the Centurion used in the line of job.

Understand that the Centurion loves his pais so much that he dares to go to an enemy's 'magician' during a time of unrestful occupation of Judea seeking healing for a slave. That Centurion risked a lot - job, honor, reputation, freedom - in order to save his 'boy's' life.

Pais in servitude to Roman Military was highly rife with sexual intercourse. It was considered safer for a man to have sex with his 'boy' than with local whores because STD's and other issues. Most were married and had wive's far off in Rome or Italy, and they wouldn't see each other for years.

Anyway, Jesus didn't give criticism or make any noise about a relationship which was clearly one based on real love between two men. Instead Jesus went and healed the sick slave without demanding any charge.

The Bible has other very gay stories in it. had a lovers relationship - Trust me John's father was acting the way he was because he felt that John and David were too close as friends - the old man was pissed that his son was having sex with another guy. They did things which in context of the culture of the time is what married folk would do. Such as the giving of the clothing, armor, etc - that would be what a man would do for his wife - not something a man would do for his best bud. It was an intimacy thing.

Ruth and Naomi were lesbian lovers.

Through out the bible there are clear indicators that there are two issues about homosexual sex at play. The first one is seen clearly in Leviticus - put that particular line back into the context of the chapter and you find that the bible is condemning activities done to worship the false God Moloch.

What few people of our time understand is that sex back in the ancient days was not a cut and dry thing as it is today. Victors would rape their defeated enemy before slaughtering them. Raping of male visitors to a city was done as a measure of having power over other people. Men would have sex with male temple prostitutes as a form of ritual sexual worship of false gods.

In Leviticus the condemnation is not about the love of two gay men - as in gay as we understand it - it was a condemnation of two men using sex as a form of worship.

Unfortunately the past 2000 years of history has been edited for our protection - meaning that the Church had a heavy hand in writing about the history and culture of past periods and they left a few things out of the common knowledge base.

The acts of Sodom was not the intended rape of the visitors as if the sodomites were gay (they weren't) it was a hospitality issue where they just wanted to punish visitors for being strangers.

The bible condemns a lot of lust acts for the sake of lust only. The bible affirms love between to individuals and if they have sex as part of that love there is no condemnation. Which is why there are groups of BDSM straight folk who are rightfully and totally christian in their belief that BDSM between a married couple is perfectly fine by God.

It is also why modern churches are turning their stance on only doctrine (which is all of those other books written to interpret the bible) and going back to the basic texts and putting it all back in context of those times, those peoples and reaching the conclusion that a gay man in love with another gay man may do whatever they want.

Sadly, this doesn't cover casual sex - but mind the straights are also condemned for that.

Hey Bowyn Aerrow: I really liked your response to this topic because for years I have been mentioning to people about the David and Jonathan situation which is pretty evident that their friendship was so much more.

I have to say in my own life...I am in a church and I do study and read certain scriptures in the Bible that applies to my life on a daily basis. I am a gay man and I do not feel that God discriminates against me for being so. As it was mentioned in a previous post; God Is Love and within the Bible where homosexuality is being disgraced ....this is done by others who mentions in their readings what God believes or thinks ...no words are from God's mouth on this topic. I know God is real in my life from situations that I've endured when I and others knew I was facing death and here I am today...still standing. Therefore, it is very possible to be a gay man and to be a Christian.