Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Gay
Louis, what do you get out of sending a message like this? A slap on the back from the boys at church? The promise of a few extra Brownie points for when you're dead? You make lot of unfounded assertions and you offer no proof whatsoever to back them up. Using the Bible as your text is just lazy. It speaks to believers, but most of them have the good sense to realise that quite a lot of the Old Testament law was founded on knowledge and superstition that made some sense several thousand years ago, but has since been superseded by common sense and scientific knowledge and understanding . You do your god a grave disservice if you don't understand that the human race has moved on since those ancient times. Life as a desert nomad several thousand years ago did not bestow upon anyone a special insight into the way things are or the way things work. I assume you choose whether or not to eat pork, hare or shellfish (Leviticus 11)? Presumably you also keep to the letter and spirit of Leviticus 19 so that, if you keep any pets or livestock, they are pure-bred; you never mix seeds in your garden or fields and you will only ever wear clothes of one kind of fabric (check those labels for devilish cotton/polyester/wool/lycra mixes, boys!). Nowadays we can appreciate far more of the wonders of your god's creation than at any time in the past. As often seems to be the case with misguided religious zealots you are extraordinarily selective in your choice of causes and in the ways in which you follow the teachings of your holy book. Before you waste your time abusing gay people open your ears to some of your neighbours. Plenty of them will indulge in the odd bit of cursing and swearing from time to time. When was the last time you gathered up the folks in the neighbourhood and stoned these foul-mouthed blasphemers to death (Leviticus 24) or offered the same "reward" to anyone who works on a Saturday (okay, I'll stretch a point and let you have Sunday as your Sabbath) (Exodus 35)? I could go on, but I'd only get dispirited, because you probably don't get the point anyway.

The point is, Louis, if you are going to go after the gays, you have to go after pretty much anyone who has seen a relative naked (Leviticus 20) and that's before we even get started on those who sexually abuse animals (of which there are probably a few where you come from, I should imagine) (also Lev 20). There are probably a few women who would object to prostitutes and divorcées being lumped together as unsuitable for marriage (Lev 21), but you're clear to sell your daughters into slavery if you wish (Exodus 21). I would love to be a fly on the wall in your house though when you tell your wife or daughter she has to live somewhere else for seven days during her time of the month (Leviticus 15) and that they are forbidden to sit on a chair you might want to use or your wife cannot sleep in your bed. If you accidentally touch one of them you also have to bathe and wash all your clothes, don't forget!

Louis, grow up and be part of making the world a better place, not a worse one. Being gay is not "wrong". It may not suit you, but there are obviously some on here who suspect you're making too much of an issue of this to be entirely straight yourself. However, no one is seriously suggesting you have to have sex with a man if it's not your thing. If I have a man whom I love and who loves me (as is my great good fortune) whatever we may or may not do is NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS and has no effect whatsoever on the quality of your life or whatever fairy tales you choose to believe in. Being gay is certainly not a serious mental disorder - not even in America. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant.
"Since the 1970s, the consensus of the behavioural and social sciences and the health and mental health professions have moved to the belief that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation, while there remain those who maintain that it is a disorder. In 1973 the American Psychiatric AssociationAmerican Psychological Association Council of Representatives followed in 1975. Consequently, while some still believe homosexuality is a mental disorder, the current research and clinical literature now only demonstrate that same-sex sexual and romantic attractions, feelings, and behaviours are normal and positive variations of human sexuality, reflecting the official positions of the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association." see more
Did you read that bit, Louis? HOMOSEXUALITY IS A NORMAL VARIATION OF HUMAN SEXUAL ORIENTATION.

Your argument "If it was so normal than there wouldn't be so many people against being gay" is what mainly leads me to think you are simply a troll. No one with any common sense at all would attempt to make this argument stand up. By your argument, women, children, Americans, Christians, Muslims, in fact anyone (because we are all members of sexual, racial, cultural, religious, political groups that will have attracted disapprobation of a "majority" group somewhere, sometime) and everyone could be classified as abnormal. This is clearly nonsense. You should be ashamed of yourself. Of course, since same-sex behaviour is clearly documented in many species in the animal and plant worlds I suppose that means that nature is also abnormal. [URL="http://www.qreviewonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64:freshman-biology-for-mormon-leaders&catid=4:essay&Itemid=5"]see more
[/URL]
Being gay is not "very wrong" it is simply different from you. Do you really need me to tell you why a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina? Of course you don't because you already know that natural selection has found it a reasonably efficient means of perpetuating the species (oh and by the way I hope your equipment is in good working order because you won't be allowed near an altar if not [Leviticus 21 again]). There is no risk to humanity because I happen to be gay. You're going to do your bit for posterity aren't you?

As for a "gay agenda", do you actually know what that phrase means or where it comes from? No, I thought not.

I hope none of your children turns out to be gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgendered or inter-sexed, because they are promised one hell of a life with you as an example if you don't start behaving like a member of the human race.

Sil Wrote:... can't wait till Marshy gets started on you...
Looks like you were all doing well enough before I saw this message Wink

I thought this fits... Tongue

EDIT: Youtube tags aren't working...

EDIT2: Got it working...

Louis...the spokesperson for God. :biggrin:

When you come out of the closet Louis I want you to know beforehand that I forgive you for behaving so badly.

Dear Louis,

Your god is laughing at the backwards, blinder-wearing, insufferable twats who claim to be speaking in his name. Your post kind of looks like one of theirs. Just letting you know. =)

Sincerely,

Miles

Don't feed the trolls boys Confusedmile:

But they want to be fed ;o)
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Eh, it's no fun feeding the thing if it doesn't come back out to eat anyway, which looks to be the case. Whatever.

Oh boy, there's always stupid schmucks like this. They still think they're living in the early 1960's when that film Boys Beware came out. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being gay.

I think we should be pround of what we are, even gay