Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being Sensative
I`m really sensative if people say something about me or a topic i dont like. I always been like this and always will be. Anybody else feel like this?

There's nothing wrong with being sensitive at all! I can get sensitive about those things too. I'd rather die than actually show it though.

Don't worry about it Smile

I have come to the point where I just ignore things I dont like. So if I am in a group and someone starts talking about something I dont care for, I normally will just excuse myself to the bathroom, but there are time where I will just tell them I dont care for that topic and for them to move on.

I think its fair to say were all sensitive, as people, i can be very sensitive, but also hard and methodical at times, at very critical of things.

If its someone I care about or consider a friend and they say something to me that gets under my skin....I can become very sensitive about it and let it bother me for a long time.

If its a perfect stranger, I could care less what they think of me. Granted I would rather leave a positive impression on people than a negative one, but like many, I tend to place more emphasis on what people I know think and say of me rather than strangers whom I will never deal with.

Mirage Wrote:If its someone I care about or consider a friend and they say something to me that gets under my skin....I can become very sensitive about it and let it bother me for a long time.

If its a perfect stranger, I could care less what they think of me. Granted I would rather leave a positive impression on people than a negative one, but like many, I tend to place more emphasis on what people I know think and say of me rather than strangers whom I will never deal with.

I'm Pretty much the same way on, when I feel sensitive about something.

being too sensitive leads to leads to un predictable behavior. Letting go with both guns when it gets too much to keep inside. better to be objective

Tim18 Wrote:I'm Pretty much the same way on, when I feel sensitive about something.

I don't think what the 2 of you are talking about is being sensitive or more be defensive.

I don't think either one is a bad thing as long as it doesn't take control of you.

For me, it depends on the topic....I usually try and shrug it off but yeah if the topic is something that I deeply care and passionate about, I would become sensitive.

Taken from an online article on How to Stop Being So Sensitive....

Over sensitivity is being extremely affected by any external influence that can scarcely affect a normal person. This type of individual usually cannot tolerate any kind of constructive criticism that regular people can easily endure. Their feelings easily get hurt when someone comments on their personality, they often have a rollercoaster-like moods and they commonly despise loud noises and sounds. There are a lot of causes of this kind of behavior. It could be the person had a rough childhood, insecurities, fear of people and judgment, difficulty coping with a lot of personal issues, etc. If you want to learn more about how to stop being over sensitive, read on and discover these effective steps that can help you cope with this dilemma.

Open your mind. Understand that everyone has different perceptions, opinions, thoughts and moods. Stop shutting yourself away from others. It is important that you are exposed to other people's feeling as well. Do not expect that everyone can understand you. Take the time to listen and comprehend what they are saying without making any judgments. You can effectively do this by removing all your preconceived notions. Think rationally not emotionally.

It's not all about you! Stop being too narcissistic and make an effort to understand other people as well. Care more by reaching out to others. Be empathetic by putting yourself in someone else's shoes. You have to be aware that there are a lot of things that are more important than your own feelings. If someone commented on something in the wrong manner, do not take it personally.

Be perceptive by thinking how this person currently feels. Maybe he's having a rough day or he's upset about something. Whatever it is, it is not because the person is out to get you.

Be confident. Being insecure will only worsen your over sensitivity problems. It is very important that you learn to love and treat yourself well. Increase your self-worth and stop living inside your bubble. Learn and accept who you really are. This way, when someone criticized you, you are able to accept it graciously with a smile.

Change the way you think. Get rid of all your pre-set beliefs, pride, wrong perceptions and narrow-mindedness. Start basing everything on what you have experienced. Be rational and factual at all times. Do not let your emotions overrule your logical mind. This can be difficult at first but as soon as people start to notice this wonderful change, you will soon receive a lot of pats on the back.

Dealing with this behavior means that you need to face all your issues and fears. It is important that you realize that people around you are not out to get you. On the contrary, they want to help you! If you hear any kind of criticism or comments, do not take this against them, they just want you to improve. Do not be afraid of change because this particular element that makes you and everyone grow. Just follow these tips and you will soon be a better person. Good luck!