Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being apart...makes me sad
Is it bad if I am always saddened at the thought that my life without my boyfriend? We've only been dating for three weeks, which makes me feel like it's even worse. I feel very clingy, but I've never had that feeling about someone before...I'm not really sure, can someone explain it to me?

CuddlyBear Wrote:Is it bad if I am always saddened at the thought that my life without my boyfriend? We've only been dating for three weeks, which makes me feel like it's even worse. I feel very clingy, but I've never had that feeling about someone before...I'm not really sure, can someone explain it to me?

Everything is going to fine xx

I guess because your relationship is new, you miss him more than you normally would.
A relationship makes a big change in our lives, because it takes you out of that routine... For the past three weeks, you probably got used to the change, and you now miss it because not having him around is also a change.

That, not taking your affection fo reach other into account. Oh yeah, affection is a great part of why you miss him so much Wink

I hope he will be back for you soon Smile

I mean, he hasn't left, and isn't going to anytime soon...it's a long distance relationship...I've never met him, so I really don't understand why I think things like that.

Oooh, got it. I don't know, maybe you already developed strong feelings for him although you never met him, and you want to meet/be close to him.

Yeah, I guess so...I just feel like, that feeling is a lot, especially since I have known him for a short period of time and dated an even shorter time

How far does he live? Isn't there any (budget and time-wise) viable way of you seeing each other face to face?

When you get good feelings from interacting with someone, it's easy to get attached to that. The trick is to enjoy those feelings and stay somewhat centered. Otherwise you can quickly feel dependent on someone else in order to feel good about yourself, and that's not healthy.

Forgive my ignorance, but... how do you date someone for 3 weeks without meeting him? (Keep in mind that I grow up without facebook, skype, twitter, or even *gasp* texting.) I can understand 'meeting' someone online and thinking you like each other. Dating (to me) is spending time together so you find out if you really like each other.

Geminize Wrote:Forgive my ignorance, but... how do you date someone for 3 weeks without meeting him? (Keep in mind that I grow up without facebook, skype, twitter, or even *gasp* texting.) I can understand 'meeting' someone online and thinking you like each other. Dating (to me) is spending time together so you find out if you really like each other.

Lots of chat, phone calls, etc., but meeting and spending time together is pivotal.

It's only natural that you would miss him, try to find more time to chat with him.
Bighug