Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being gay
novice Wrote:SUCKS. Makes me want to kill myself. Impossible to meet guys & even if you do they can't be relied on. Short relationships & constant chase for who knows what. Either popularity or beauty contest. Depressing.

This is tough advice but once you get it in your head you can change everything.

If you aren't the person you look forward to spending the rest of your life with don't be disappointed if no one wants to do it for you.

The only person you can improve to meet your expectations is yourself. Work on that and all of a sudden everyone else will seem a lot easier to be around and like.

Wolfpack Wrote:Hi lad putting your number on here is not really a good idea, but you can chat with people on here by using the forum. Smile

To show you how bad of an idea giving your number out really is...
In a similar situation I did it 18 months ago in Yahoo Answers LGBT section for one guy to use. He never called BUT I'm still getting calls and texts.

memechose Wrote:To show you how bad of an idea giving your number out really is...
In a similar situation I did it 18 months ago in Yahoo Answers LGBT section for one guy to use. He never called BUT I'm still getting calls and texts.

You're going to damage your sinuses! eep!

..and yes a real bad idea with the phone numbers. Save that for PMs.

memechose Wrote:This is tough advice but once you get it in your head you can change everything.

The only person you can improve to meet your expectations is yourself. Work on that and all of a sudden everyone else will seem a lot easier to be around and like.

I've always tried "improving" myself all my life. When that isn't (apparently) good enough to either GET dates or chances or opportunities then it doesn't really matter. Idk of many people I've ever known or known of are truly "happy" without an intimate love relationship in their life. They may not admit it but it's true.

Women are just more loyal & genetically inclined to stay in longer relationships from my experience. Men like variety & gay men especially so which means more relationships & the almost always difficult transitions between them. I am not cut out for that type of lifestyle. Hence my discouragement.

When you give all you have & do all you know how for a year and a half & yet are still dumped as if it never happened it is rather disconcerting. It's also frustrating when the person who has all the advantages & "uses" you also gets "rewarded" w/ a "new" (former/ex) partner while I am left more mixed up then ever.

I know - life isn't fair. It's just annoying that he causes the problem(s) yet I "lose", get the suffering & get my (perceived) deficiencies pointed to as the reasons why it happened(!?).

novice Wrote:Idk of many people I've ever known or known of are truly "happy" without an intimate love relationship in their life. They may not admit it but it's true.

Except nuns, maybe? Hehe.

You know, I guess I could be happy without having that kind of intimacy in my life, but I don't know if I would be really satisfied; I would feel like it's missing from my life. Even right now, I see my friends travelling and spending time with their boyfriends/girlfriends, and I have to admit, I feel kind of jealous. I wish I could have what they have, and I hope that some day I will, but until then I guess I'll try to focus on other things.