Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being gay, single, and LONELY.
If you want it bad enough, it will come to you. You just have to stop thinking about it. The moment it escapes your mind, BAM, a cute guy will pop up.

monk Wrote:This is a message from a "creepy old man"

Carry on like that and you'll be single for a long time.

*hobbles back to the maximum-security twilight home*

Rofl Thanks for that! LOLOLOL

Seriously though...to expand on what you are saying...how you view older people when you are young is how you will one day view yourself when you are older. When I was 18 I might have not wanted to sleep with grandpa but I had respect and didnt' make ageist comments and instead of insulting older men I welcomed their advice. I am now a reasonably well adjusted and happy 54 year old (55 next month) For every "creepy old man" there is an equally creepy young man....just sayin:eek:

To the OP...i think someone said "Attitude is Everything"...'tis true. Focus on that and forget everything else because when you adjust your attitude you will probably not have the rest of the problems. Good Luck!

Personally I think you need to find happiness being single first before you even think of entering a relationship. From personal experience in the past I can say I have had thesame mindset as you to find a relationship being bitter etc. Believe it or not people can pick up on your negative aura and it can actually turn guys away.plus from what I've found is that the overly keen guys who are desperate for a relationship are also the clingy ones, clingy to me is a massive turn off. All I can recommend is get the chip of your shoulder, think positive and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone.

AeMr Wrote:I swear... I never expected to be this miserable being single. I'm just tired of it. Feeling alone, not having anyone I can run to, or who loves me. I just wanna to be happy and I am happy but I just feel like something is missing. I have a wonderful family and best friends that are absolutely amazing. Still at the end of the day I long for a relationship....

That's when being gay rears it's ugly head... being single is one thing, but being gay and single is like a double negative. Not only is it hard to find a serious committed gay person but it's practically impossible to be in a gay relationship (at least for me anyways).

I all I want is a dude to show me love and affection and that he cares, that's all I ask for... things that are so simple but yet impossible to find. At this point, it isn't even so much about being in a relationship. I just want a friend with potential (possibilities) but I can't even get that. Everything is soooo superficial in this so -called "gay community." All I ever get are either old creepy man trying to talk to me or arrogant assholes with six-packs who take you on a date and expect for you to just willing have sex with them, not to mention the ones who swear they are so different and you start liking them then they just disappear. Dinner is NOT equivalent to us fucking! NO!

This has been an everlasting cycle in my dating (if I can even call it that) life for the past year and it is really just driving me insane. Then dudes wonder why I treat them like ABSOLUTE shit, because that's what they are. I just want that one dude that can come in a change some things, that dude who says exactly how he feel, I want a dude who can at least shows me he cares... UNTIL then, I'm just gonna have to COPE with single life. Cry

Hey there! I want to say how sorry I am that you feel alone. I totally understand that feeling. I just wanted to let you know that's a normal feeling for everyone at any age. whether your 19 or your 49. A lot of us feel lonely. I'm 26 and I feel lonely. When I was 19 I felt lonely. Don't get me wrong being single has its perks also but when your in your apartment by yourself it does take a toll on a person. Don't let anyone EVER tell you that your to young for love and you have your whole life ahead of you or that you shouldn't have the feelings that you have at 19. You go out and express yourself and how you feel. Even if its to say I'm sad and feel like I'm alone because I don't have a lover. Its understandable. Can I predict if you will find that love one day? No but maybe in a couple of years you will find that special someone. Keep your head up and the key is to ALWAYS be yourself around people no matter how much they want you to change. Being yourself will attract someone of like mindedness. I wish you luck and hope soon you find the one your looking for. Confusedmile:

My kind of guyConfusedmile:

Drmarkray Wrote:Was that for me?// Smile

Yes for you:biggrin:

To be honest since i left my bf of 6 1/2 years in feb this year i soon learnt after he quickly got another man

Men come and go but dogs stay forever and i have learnt to love my dogs so much more than ive ever loved a man because they respect me and respect my differences and play with along with it ... I dont think ill need another man not for another year or so yet

I have the exact same mind as you sir. I know how hurtful those assholes are being by saying "Oh you're young. Its not so bad." and that bullshit. I know what its like to wake up sobbing at 3 am becuase no one is there. I know what its like to see strait friends your age who are married or seriously committed. Times have changed again old timers. We get families young these days. Stop being jerks and give us helpful advice on how to get a mate, not when, but how.

I'm about the only single person out of all of my friends. It can be a bit annoying at times, I won't deny that and seeing 90% of my everyday surroundings being romantic with each other is something that can turn into a bit of a chore xD. Even my two co-workers are a couple haha xD.

It would be nice to find someone but for now I guess that my writing is enough to fill that empty space.

[COLOR="Indigo"]I know what you mean! I've never been into one night stands, and can proudly say that I'm still a virgin! I don't worry about it too much, though...until I find a guy that wants more than just a quick lay, I'm fine with being single.

Some posts on here are kinda mean, and although they might be true, people forget how our brains work at our age! Anyway, I wish you all the luck in the world, and if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here! Smile[/COLOR]