Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being single sucks
Being single rocks but it also sucks at the same time! I hate not being able to have someone to text. Or to hangout with or to wake up next to.

yes its all those things... so?

confusedboy Wrote:I hate not being able to have someone to text. Or to hangout with or to wake up next to.

It's possible to have all those things without being in a relationship. I see what you mean though :3

SolemnBoy Wrote:It's possible to have all those things without being in a relationship. I see what you mean though :3

Totally agree with that! ^^^^

I think of being single relatively positively... If you've been single a long time then it is because it is going to be all worth the wait once you meet the right person (bit cheesy?) if you see what I mean. But yeah you don't need to be in romantic love to have those things. Because of this website I gotten a great friendship connection with someone and we non stop text each other. Bighug

But you are free to meet all sort of interesting people and have some good old casual sex with them - and why not wake up next to them now and then.

I get what you're all saying about staying positive while single and how it's not something to be looked negatively at, but I definitely feel what confusedboy is saying too. Sometimes jumping through the hoops of dating and waiting for Mr. or Mrs. Right can be exhausting and painful. Sure, I guess it could be seen as selfish or childish to just want it now out of nothing, but I'm alright with being a little of those things Smile

I agree with their advice for the most part. Try to look at it like an opportunity, let the desire to not be single anymore push you out into the field to do something courageous, and keep your chin up because Mr. Right just might need a better look at your face Wink

Sure beats some of the relationships I have been in. Rolleyes

matthew91 Wrote:I think of being single relatively positively... If you've been single a long time then it is because it is going to be all worth the wait once you meet the right person (bit cheesy?)

Not cheesy at all, it's what I keep telling myself, but I've been waiting wayyyyyyy too long ha

I thought I would like Miami when I lived there for a short time, but people there were just as stuck up, rude, and unfriendly as all the other cities Ive been to.

Its difficult to find a friend when everybody is like that. And if YOU be friendly to them, then they act like you have some kind of contagious disease or something.

I just left them to themselves and moved.

But its the same way here in Dallas/Fort Worth. I remember when you could walk downtown and people would actually say HI to you and stop and ask you questions or whatever. After all the vile contemptable companies moved here in the late 80's from up north and brought all of thier hatefilled employees with them, youre lucky if you dont get ran down just walking on the sidewalk.

Its the same all over though.

And yes, it sucks....but I figure its better to be alone than to have to deal with crap like that.

Don't use being single to see what you don't have, think of it as a way to see what you can potentially get from a future partner.