Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being single sucks
Aeneas Wrote:yes it does suck. and anyone who tells you otherwise is deluding himself/herself - they'll jump at the first opportunity that comes their way to share their lives with someone.

you can get used to being alone and completely independent - perhaps even ignoring what a relationship really feels like if you've never been in one - and live a relatively happy life regardless, but people naturally want to pair with someone else for a reason.

the world is just too cruel to take it on alone, and parents die and friends and siblings will eventually marry too.

I actually don't agree with you and I am not deluding myself at all. I have been in relationships that have lasted from a few weeks to the longest one last 2 years. I have been single for 9 years and I actually really don't miss it. I think it all depends on who you are and what you want in life. I honestly wouldn't want to be in a relationship because at the time I work seasonal work and its a different place or state every 6 months or so and that wouldn't be fair to the guy that I am dating.

I way too selfish to give this life up as well to settle somewhere. I love hiking the summers away in National Parks and skiing the winters away at Ski Resorts all over the country, to give that up for a relationship would be insane in my opinion.

So I honestly think its different with various people on what they want in life and for me I just don't have the desire to be in a relationship, heck perhaps it can change in the future or perhaps I will meet someone that does the same thing that I do but I highly doubt it and I also don't sit back and feel like there is a void because I am single, I just don't.