Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being thin and Type2 Diabetes
Diabetes is such a more complicated illness than anyone thinks. I have type 2 which is well undercontroll now. And yes it may be true my weight has fluctuated over the years (vastly) when I first started getting ill with it I was swimming 5 times a week and have a job that involves a lot of walking. But I just lost all energy and was feeling starving all the time. This is because you body can not us the energy running around you bloodstream. So it tells you head you are starving to the point of being uncontrollably hungry. The only celles in you body that temd to still be able to full utilise this excess energy are fat producing cells so you can end up piling on weight very quickly preversly this has the effect of making the diabetes worse. I didnt even know fro 2 years that I had it and not being one for going to the Dr's it was only when my healt came to a crisis point that I went. Remember diabetes affects all kinds of things I ended up with ckd and liver problems among other things. I have spent the last few years getting my health back a most of the problems no longer even show up on tests. At my largest I was 23 st I am now 11st 5lb and just under 6ft tall. You have to make a lot of changes and put in a lot of work but change is possable. But reference to above quote it has been made harder by the fact I have also been hit by a truck well a meals on wheels van actually but it still made a mess of me I hit it face first it stent me up higher than my mates van and not happy with hitting me once he hit me again on the way back down ans sent me tumbling down the road for about 20 meters or so . Several things were broken but my knee had to be reconstructed it took years to recover and I still have problems to this day from it. But I realy wouldnt like to say wich was worse the diabetes or being hit by the van.