Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belated Hello
Twazzle Wrote:LOL. Well hes just like a cat and does funny thngs :biggrin:
Aww, i want to see a picture!
If i was on my computer rather than on my laptop i would post a picture of my cat in a breadbin, god only knows how he ended up in there :tongue:

Leyths Wrote:Aww, i want to see a picture!
If i was on my computer rather than on my laptop i would post a picture of my cat in a breadbin, god only knows how he ended up in there :tongue:

LOL aww bless. I remember when my bunny tipped his littertray on his head Wink
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Saying that, Cardiff University requires 2 A's and 1 B thats what they want I had 1 B and 1 C in A level, which they happily would accept, it depends on the person more than the grades.

I'm so glad to hear that! There was I thinking it had something to do with the funding a university receives for each student enrolled ... Rolleyes

<ducks quickly>Invasion

marshlander Wrote:I'm so glad to hear that! There was I thinking it had something to do with the funding a university receives for each student enrolled ... Rolleyes

<ducks quickly>Invasion

Saying that considering Cardiff uni is the 7th best in the UK they dont go for the funding as they get it whatever.
[/COLOR]

Twazzle Wrote:Saying that considering Cardiff uni is the 7th best in the UK they dont go for the funding as they get it whatever.

7th best, eh? That reflects a lot of effort and team work. Congratulations to Cardiff.

Whatever may be the merits of a league table, I'm not convinced that education works fairly where competition for money is built into the system, although given a finite resource I'm damned if I can see a workable alternative other than by also reducing the student population. If there are winners under a system there are going to be losers. The present funding arrangements encourage a dishonesty inherent in many educational systems to stand up and take a bow. One example is described here:
http://education.guardian.co.uk/universi...19,00.html

Then again perhaps I'm a little jaded by my experience a few years ago where I was asked to alter the pass criteria of a course I was teaching at the time, so that a number of students who did not a stroke of work could look as though they had passed the requirements of a different module in order that the institution not lose its funding. I don't see how that was fair to anyone, specially to those who did put in the effort. I didn't do it and did not take up an offer to renew the contract.

I find being self-employed far more satisfying.

newc_student_18 Wrote:Ooh wow, im quite impressed.
I did Biology, Business Studies, Chemistry and History. But ended up dropping Chemistry half way through the first year, for a number of reasons so only have the 3 A-levels.
Doing Business Management at Newc Uni now, exciting stuff!!

Woo Hoo! Someone that did Bio and Chem too.
I would have been at uni in Keele (staffordshire) doing biochemistry & german right now... in fact I'd be on my year abroad!!! but Keele dropped that combination the year I applied *sobs his heart out*

So instead I am doing German & Linguistics at Queen Mary in London!
Nowhere else did a biochemistry and german degree - plus I kinda ended up with a mediocre C in Chemistry in the end whereas I got 2 A's for french & german, so I thought I'd stick with my languages hehe!

Weeeeeeeeeeelcome aboard! I can't believe how much all these new newbies have been posting this weekend... they're taking over I tell ya Wink

Haha pets really do, do the funniest things Confusedmile:
My friend has a cat that she's able to pose her into a machine gun position and swing her around and everything and the stupid cat just lays there allowing it...

Ahh business management ;x

I do business studies, option lessons I chose are towards HRM. Not sure id want to be a manager.
[/COLOR]

Ooh another one from Newcastle (tho im heading to Northumbria university myself)

anyhow if you like cool people from Newcastle make sure to add me!

Stephen55 Wrote:Ooh another one from Newcastle (tho im heading to Northumbria university myself)

anyhow if you like cool people from Newcastle make sure to add me!

Greetings fellow cool person in Newcastle!
Hows things?
J x