Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earths Axis Is Shifting
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn24...zSEPPldXA8

Yes, I can see more water being a cause of shifting the axis of the earth, but I don't believe it is because of that. Global warming is pretty much a "recent" thing.

It is my theory that the earth IS shifting on its axis, which is causing all of these violent weather changes in the past 30 years or so.

It is my theory that the earth is shifting on its axis, not because of the ice caps melting, but because of all the man-made land mass shifting that has bee done over the centuries, especially since the start of the industrial revolution.

Billions upon billions of tons of forests and earth itself, as well as the minerals and metals mined from it, have all lent to the shifting of the earths axis.

Within the past 200 years, so much has been dug out of the ground and distributed other parts of the planet, there can only be one conclusion that this is the cause of the earths shifting, which is causing all of the violent and elongated periods of bad weather we have been having this century.

The melting ice caps and glaciers are only a small part of the end cycle of the earth "shifting gears" again, which has been brought on by man digging, cutting, and moving masses of forests, land, and mineral/metal deposits all over the world.

The more man digs, cuts, and moves parts of the earth, the more it will shift.

It is said the sun is already at a different angle than it was 50 years ago. This can only be because of the earth shifting on its axis.

That's MY theory and I'm sticking to it!!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPq3Dv_mAVWEZycg4jhWm...byWo5Kk8fJ]

The amount of shift that is stated in that article is tiny compared to the size of the earth. The effect would be negligible.

Having said that, lots of different, negligible effects can build up to have unexpected results. The earth and its weather patterns are immensely complex.

I guess redistributing the weight is having an effect on the rotation.

Say you have a spinning top with a lot of weight on the top. IF you remove that weight and redistribute it around the top, it will spin slightly differently.

So, I Mistertinkles could be right to a certain extent; the earth has neither a circular orbit, nor a perfect tilt. So it's possible to change slightly. It's the whole reason the northern hemisphere gets our wonderful (/sarcasm) winters.

Which we should be continuing to get... We're in the middle of an ice age, after all. Shifts in atmospheric currents also mean we're going to have very cold winters for a little while, but will that be permanent?

From a scientific standpoint all of these changes are fascinating, and I'm interested to see the observations and evidence that accumulates in coming years. With the current 10k+ scientific journals on climate change, and the measly 24 that deny climate change, we know it's happening... and we know it's also inevitable. Skipping over the heads of climate change deniers... We know that even if they were right (which they simply aren't), the CO2 is staying in our atmosphere for ages to come, so the climate shift will continue no matter what.

I'm certain human society will survive quite fine --- but I find the fact that we live in a time where we can observe climate change occurring to be fascinating.

Obviously though, from a personal stand point, the increased strength of weather phenomena and the damage/lives that will be lost isn't quite as interesting... protected by the geographical Canadian 'shield' (I am protected by stable mountains which is a natural 'shield' from all natural disaster), I might be a little insensitive... I know that people in high risk areas are more worried than curious about this issue...

Yeah im constantly amazed that as a whole we dont seem to believe there will be consequences for our actions or believe were too small to make a difference and just slipping inexorably toward our doom… fuck it.

I'm sorry. The bible makes it clear that the world is:

A. flat

B. The center of the universe.

C. eternal and perfect.

Therefore its the rest of the sky that is shifting... NOT the earth.

And as well all know the sky is but a large dome way high up just beyond the sun which revolved around the earth - as God made it....

You science people are just all whack jobs.

It's peoples over active imaginations causing the weather to be 'unnaturally unpredicatable'...Why?

Because stupid people believe that history is recent recordable memory. They revert back to what...300 years of recording weather, and anything beyond 100 years old would be 'It rained today but was warm' and we use this as evicence of climate change>

I laugh my head off every time someone talks about global warming, greenhouse gases, climate change, the ozone layer, and then get in a flap about how humans are impacting everything.

FFS people cows farts do more damage than human do and the damage cows do is negligible.

The climate changes, sea level rise, Polar caps melt...that's fucking NATURAL and it's a cycle.

please, give me 4.5 billion years of climate history before you start panicking and want me to stop driving my car and cutting down tress because paper is good.

Have you seriously made a topic that has caused dfiant and I to agree with each other? Shit, I'm laughing my sides into pain over this crap too. I keep hearing the sheep constantly complaining about this, and it's getting really damn old. It's exactly like all the conspiracy theories across the globe, and certainly no less ridiculous.

News flash: this shit goes in cycles. The planet changes whether we are here or not.

VileKyle Wrote:Have you seriously made a topic that has caused dfiant and I to agree with each other? Shit, I'm laughing my sides into pain over this crap too. I keep hearing the sheep constantly complaining about this, and it's getting really damn old. It's exactly like all the conspiracy theories across the globe, and certainly no less ridiculous.

News flash: this shit goes in cycles. The planet changes whether we are here or not.

Actually I think there is more than 1 thing that we generally agree on, but pride and a personality clash won't allow either of us to see that Wink

dfiant Wrote:Actually I think there is more than 1 thing that we generally agree on, but pride and a personality clash won't allow either of us to see that Wink

Again, I agree.

Honestly, I'm just tired and I hate conflict (and in result, those conflicts are left unresolved). That's the main reason I just avoid even talking to you lately. Sure, we don't get along much. I just try to keep that at a minimum, because it's exhausting and I see no point in it.