Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Gay Movies?
mbennet35 Wrote:I liked prayers for bobby... I just watched a movie on Netflix called Morgan... It was good

I was crying half the time while watching Prayers for Bobby :'(
Such a great movie though!

Has anyone seen North Sea Texas?

My personal favourites are:

1) Boys in the band...(70s)
2) Bent....(80s)
3) Jefferey...(90s)

I could easily watch these over & over again.

Blake Wrote:I was crying half the time while watching Prayers for Bobby :'(
Such a great movie though!

A very good film. Showing how a deeply religous Mother couldn't accept her sons sexuality...

quasimodoalone Wrote:A very good film. Showing how a deeply religous Mother couldn't accept her sons sexuality...

You are right. Although his mother turned over a new leaf eventually, it still hurts (a lot) to know that there are many other young gay men and women suffering similar fate all over the world.

Regarding the influence of religion, I believe that the religion itself should not be blamed for the mistreatment of gay people. The real culprit is the narrow-minded bigots who enforce their own biased interpretation of religious teachings on the others, hence creating an atmosphere of homophobia in the society. In my opinion, this is no better than those Islamic extremists who use the Quran to justify their terrorist attacks and hatred towards the westerners.

BEHIND THE CANDELABRA.

Michael Douglas is amazing as Liberace and Matt Damon as his young bi lover, laugh-out loud funny, sad and touching love story with great performances, look out for Rob Lowe as a doctor/surgeon, if you recognize him :p I just loved this film. Good extras too. Michael douglas talks about how in 1 scene, matt damon comes out of the pool (in tight trunks) and straddles him on the sun lounger and suprised matt by grabbing his arse, which wasnt written in the script but made it into the film anyway :p

Weekend
Watched it 3 times.

To be perfectly honest......I'm not a fan of most-gayed themed cinema. I dunno. I'm willing to be open to suggestions.

My favorites that I've seen so far:

Milk (ok biopic, but great performances, especially Penn as Milk)
I Love You, Philip Morris (Criminally underrated; it's my personal favorite! Very different, very good, Carey and McGregor are great)
Were The World Mine (starts off as a typical gay-in-high-school-blues story, but with a fantasy twist that grabbed my attention, lol)

I don't like how gay movies often end up tragic.

I'd rather watch comedy-romantic, like Eating Out and Hunting Season. And I don't mind the uncensored ones, lol.