Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Pop Song

"Over the Hills and Far Away" - English Trad. Folk Tune - Arr. John Tams "

artyboy Wrote:pop is rubbish lol

Not all pop! There's a lot of less popular but more musically complex and innovative stuff that's actually great! Smile

Matthew Wrote:Tegan and Sara's Closer <3

I'm not your hero is so catchy... :o

SolemnBoy Wrote:Not all pop! There's a lot of less popular but more musically complex and innovative stuff that's actually great! Smile

Some people would say it is?

So what is Pop music?

The Beatles were the first band to be called pop music though lol!

artyboy Wrote:Some people would say it is?

So what is Pop music?

The Beatles were the first band to be called pop music though lol!

Oh haha I know "pop" stands for "popular" but by now the term has probably evolved to refer to a certain genre of music with various characteristics. There are certain guidelines for how pop music USUALLY is and even if a metal band becomes globally popular and celebrated, nobody refers to their music as Pop. There are also different subgenres like Art Pop, chamber pop, dream pop etc.

so the "new term pop music" just means crap over produced mainstream crap that all sounds the same I have to agree with you.

Shame people listen to this dribble.

There is a lot more music that has real skill involved in the making.

WOW didn't mean to rant, sorry!!

artyboy Wrote:so the "new term pop music" just means crap over produced mainstream crap that all sounds the same I have to agree with you.

Shame people listen to this dribble.

There is a lot more music that has real skill involved in the making.

WOW didn't mean to rant, sorry!!

No it's okay. People can listen to whatever they want to but I agree that most hyper-popular musicians don't seem to be very innovative or as talented as their fans seem to think. Once this kid from school was giving me music recommendations and said something like "I'm not really sure you can handle Lana Del Rey though - only a special kind of person who has been through lots of bad things can appreciate her music because it's so powerful, complex and depressing". I thought he was messing with me for a long, long time.

SolemnBoy Wrote:I'm not your hero is so catchy... :o

<3 love that song and tegan and sara as artistes.

There are some lush songs in the charts right now; I have varied tastes, but some contemporary pop is great.

The new Avicii one, Wake Me Up is class. I kind of like all of Avicii. The video for I Can be the One is amazing.

I LOOOOVE Antenna by ODG, it is fab, soca-tastic.

I Cry by Flo Rida was pretty cool too.

They are cool, fun to dance to for the main part.