Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best & Worst gay rights arguments?
If someone is homophobic, you shouldn't even bother arguing with them...
Reasoning with them will only fuel their hatred and make them more determined in proving that we are 'wrong'.

You deserve better than that. If they don't appreciate you, someone else will (we gays are AWESOME)!

Argument to give to someone who is homophobic
You do not loose your human rights because your stupid so why should I because I'm gay.

Arkansota Wrote:The worst one is "it's all about love"

Actually i though that was the only one from your original post that was wrong and IS valid. The having children "thing" is neither here nor there in "defending" being gay, it actually has nothing to do with it, just something that homophobes may seize upon,like we all want children, which we dont. But personally i,ll never try to defend who i am or be defined by one aspect of it.

I would propose that an emotional appeal is more powerful than a factual appeal, and an individual who is unmoved by one's love for another is more evil and worrysome than one that can't see that 2+2=4. As evidence I would present the civil rights movement, which is captioned in the phrase "I have a dream!" and NOT "It's completely normal to have increased levels of melanin!".

The best argument for gay rights? Human rights are given based on "emotional" concepts, but if you want logic and you're talking to an individual who disagrees with gay rights, I suppose here is some: If an individal only likes the same gender, we might consider that as a disability in modern society. In modern society, we try to ensure that those with disabilities are able to achieve almost normal and fulfilling lives. For example, individuals who cannot walk are given wheelchairs so as to return mobility. As it happens, an individual who only loves the same gender is not alone --- there are others like him or herself. As a result, we can logically pair such individuals together to return to them normal lives in modern day society.

The above argument is designed to appeal to someone who does not support gay rights, and it's not recommended to be given to a gay rights supporter, as they will be offended at the notion of having a disability. However, the above argument does incorporate logic, which you seem to have been wanting.

Despite this, I still think that seeing a video of two men who loved each other dearly until one became sick, isolated from his partner, died, was taken away by the family who didn't allow his partner to attend his funeral, and buried him in a location unknown to his surviving partner who is distraught for the rest of his life is a stronger argument, even if it's "emotional and all about love.".

Arkansota Wrote:I think these ones suck-

Gay people are born that way.
So? In the mind of a homophobic person, that doesn't make it okay. Weak argument.

It's all about love.
So? In the mind of a homophobic person, that love is still perverted. Weak argument.

Think about the children of gay couples!
"Think about the children" is an emotional appeal- In other words, a logical fallacy. Weak argument.

You're just homophobic.
So? Just because the person is homophobic, doesn't mean their argument is incorrect. Weak argument.

We have the good arguments. There is no reason to use any of these ones.

What are some of the best arguments?

Why don't you stop criticizing and start providing with good argumets? it's not like you haven't used them before....