Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best cities in the Midwest to visit?
I'd like to visit some cool cities in the Midwest. I want to visit Cleveland, Rapid City, Winnipeg and Saskatoon but I need more ideas because 4 cities isn't enough.

lake shore drive in chicago, illinois and roller coasters in cedar point, ohio

trywait Wrote:lake shore drive in chicago, illinois and roller coasters in cedar point, indiana

I hear that's nice. I've always wanted to have a Midwestern surfing experience. Toronto would work for that too, I guess.

Minneapolis is a great city! It's not as big as Chicago, but it has great food, a great gay scene (for those who like the traditional club 'scene' as well as for those who enjoy more tame things).

Also full of super friendly people and beautiful landmarks. If you're into shopping, there's also the Mall of America.

If you like meat, try to eat at The Publican in Chicago. Chicago is a fascinating city. It is worth it to go up to the observation deck in the Sears Tower or whatever it is now called. You could use the highlighted sites as a base for a city tour. Look for Frank Lloyd Wright architecture nearby.

Toledo has a wonderful glass museum and the Children's Museum in Indianapolis is amazing--not just for kids.

Columbus, Indiana is a modern architecture mecca.

I would like to spend some time in the river towns along the Ohio and Mississippi.
I bid NO Trump!

Arkansota Wrote:I hear that's nice. I've always wanted to have a Midwestern surfing experience. Toronto would work for that too, I guess.

Toronto really wouldn't be considered mid-west and I can guarantee that there's no surfing on Lake Ontario......but it is a great city for homos.

Hibbing....

Detroit...

I actually thought about mentioning Detroit, Iceblink. It is certainly an education. Haven't been there recently but when I was a few years back it was not difficult to see the oncoming ruin andblight and what it was doing to people. Sad but true that not all cities are shiny places. Cleveland brings that to mind also.
I bid NO Trump!

Detroit and Cleveland have very unique character and it is not what people think of when they think of the Midwest. It might be their location. Both cities are skirting the edge of the what is considered the Midwest and it is a closer drive to the East coast cites than it is to the Heartland. In the last few years and especially the last couple, the downtown and midtown areas of Detroit have comeback spectacularly, new stores, clubs, restaurants, bars, entertainment venues. The evenings and weekends draw a lot of people to the area.
With all of the attention put on revitalization of the downtown area, it leaves most of the city still in shambles and untouched. Unfortunately, that is not uncommon for cities that have come back from the brink of destruction.

[Image: Detroit_Hot_Topic_2.jpg]

[Image: camp-mar-5.jpg]

[Image: 8189343576_9eeb76ef75.jpg]