Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best deal you ever discovered?
Hello,
Whats the best deal you have ever got which made you go "wow thats unbeatable?" Well mine happenned today and i was dead happy i snapped at the price and agreed instantly...

Last night going to my mates for a nintendo wii night my exhaust on my crappy french piece of shit peugeot 206 decided to collapse in the middle and it sounded like a motorbike so after getting the AA recovery out they told me it was some wielding that had corrded between the pipes and I was really annoyed because ive got no money to fix this issue until payday on the 29th and last night i kept thinking its going to be an expensive job as wielding isnt cheap from past experiences when i paid £250 for a hole to be sealed in my boot of my old god bless her soul Vauxhall Nova... I googled garages and took a lucky guess with the first one and phoned them up... Upon taking it down he had a look for 20 minutes and messing about with the pipe before he emerged and said well mate the damage is *heart rate increases* £20 all in...

I was in total shock and like what the hell are you sure thats too bloody cheap... Not disputing the price i figured accept accept accept so i said sure that sounds good to me and even better just found out its ready for collection.... Dead happy

Kindest regards

zeon x

you need a boy friend that works on cars

pellaz Wrote:you need a boy friend that works on cars

lol that would be handy however i seem to be doing all the maintance on our veichle just with newer cars its more tricky than the old style as everything has to be computerised which annoys me... In the old days if something went wrong it still worked half as good whereas nowadays if the window wipers have a bitch fit then it means the whole car has to sulk and shut down... Hence why after this car has died im going back to old bangers....

a pdf of the shop manual helps
but its difficult working on anything with out a full set of tools, a place to work and at least a good battery impact wrench.

zeon Wrote:... Whats the best deal you have ever got ...
i had a macbook portable that the video card went out on. Took it to the local Apple store, they took it apart left it dismantled in a pile while the video card was on order. They did not remove the battery and over night while in their store it shorted out, burned up some parts.
they got me a better faster macbook from the Apple refurbished site.
gave me back the burned up macbook with a new video card and battery, which i got running again

well.. My old bike died due to the cylinder head/gasket close to blowing on it with it being 15 years old but in mint condition body wise and understandably I was gutted as it was my first bike and I'd saved up £500 for it, and at the time with me having no job and just being at college, it wasn't easy, however a stroke of luck came round the corner when I planned to sell it on instead of attempting to repair it and managed to get about £800 for it because I had restored a vast majority of the body work with some TLC and tinkering, inspite of the engine problems which I informed the new owner of, this then led to me getting the best deal I ever discovered - a little Yamaha YBR 125 2006 plate, they typically sell for £1700+ here regardless of the mileage, I snatched it up for £600 + lots of bike gear that although was too big for me I managed to sell on for £250, the bike was going cheap because it was drove over to the UK from france and registered here and then sat in the owners garage for a few months because he got a bigger sized bike - all it needed was a fresh oil change & petrol Smile runs good as new - had 10k miles on it at the time, now has close to 15k just from me commuting back and forth to college - :biggrin:

So understandably I was dead happy and had £450 (£200 left from original £800 as new bike was £600, and £250 from the bike gear = £450) left in the back pocket which went towards my Canon 1100D :biggrin:

So overall I was dead chuffed

i took my old necvklace down to a gold hunt kind of shop and pawned it off and nearly fell over when the guy told me 150 quid for it i was like definately thanks very much