Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ideas for a first date
So I'm considering dating again. and i wanna prepare some dates in advance that arent tooooooo showy.

Like dinner and movie is a cliche and dry IMO.

Something like laser tag might seem too childish and may not leave enough room open of idle chatter which is what im doing the date for.

So throw some ideas out to me. Like an expensive italian date might be good for a third date. and dinner and movie should probably be the second.

If money weren't an issue where would you take your first date?

If money were no issue I would still prefer something like miniature golf and pizza and then a nice walk to get some ice cream.

Things we've done that I really liked
- my bf would fix a picnic basket and we'd catch the free concerts in the park.
- bike to an art fair
- browse antique shops and used book stores

Happy dating! Grommit

Rod Wrote:So throw some ideas out to me. Like an expensive italian date might be good for a third date. and dinner and movie should probably be the second.

If money weren't an issue where would you take your first date?

i also think a dinner and a movie is too cliché, but sometimes simple things are the best choice.

an Italian date? you better make it in Italy, then, otherwise it's not an Italian date. and if you want to make it that, spending a couple of days in any major Italian town really is very romantic (i recommend Firenze, Verona, Trieste, Roma, as go-to examples here). as is taking him to some other place that is out of his home environment. if Italy is too far and expensive to get to, take him to some major US city he's never been to before. take him out of his familiar environment and go explore something new together with him.

if money weren't an issue, i'd buy a yacht and sail around with him for a day or two. take some quality champagne with me, quality food, and good music, and just make it about him and me.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Oh man just take me to a good Thai restaurant and order a bottle of wine and I'm happy, no need for the movie. I guess I'm just easily pleased but for me, that's ideal first date territory.

Back in the 70's,,,, I bought a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and took my partner to the beach for a picnic... We ate, fed the Sea Gulls, talked, laughed, played, and had a fun afternoon. It was a cheap date, but we had a good time and spent hours together talking.

Picnics are always a good choice when getting to know someone.

Jimerooo
We Have Elvis !!

A simple walk around the park around sunset, Maybe him a single rose. This method will help you get to know him more in a romantic setting
I am the angles that hold and surround you

I am the demon you're afraid to meet

The only guy I ever "dated" was my partner now...and he won me over easily with the low key dates....but I only dated him after I knew I wanted to be with him.

A Tracy Chapman or Sade CD in the truck...drives up the California Coast....laying on a secluded beach just saying nothing....used metaphysical bookstores and hot coffee when it was raining outside...visiting Japanese Tea Gardens...galleries...

...and he bought me a teddy bear and a poetry book I liked and inscribed it...still my favorite two things in the world and besides him...the two things I would save if I could only own two things....

Dinner is always a good idea , or just go for a drink. Anything really that gives you chance to talk and get to know each other better.

a walk in the park and maybe some coffee

keep it simple

trywait Wrote:a walk in the park and maybe some coffee

keep it simple

Yeah, that would be a perfect first date for me Smile. More relaxed and less pressure Smile