Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best ideas for a first date
I would never go to a movie on a first date. The point is to find out if there is a level of chemistry and common interest, which you can't do if you're sitting silent for 2-3 hours.

dinner, then a walk, or a pub for trivia night, or something like that.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Ask him to lunch. You get a chance to talk without a lot of pressure.
I bid NO Trump!

Lol I might as well fantasize about a date... To keep it in Koreatown because even though I hate midtown, theres some cool spots in that area for sure:

So meet at a great rooftop bar. Vu is a good one with a ridiculous view of the empire state building, its like two blocks behind it. Take in the skyline, talk, have some drinks to loosen up.
[Image: 1edf2277e542cbd80675dbbf5d4686c8.jpg] [Image: fbd78fc030da5ed512f73cb0b40b7f04.jpg]

Not far from that is a really delicious and relatively inexpensive, nicely decorated sushi spot called Mew
[Image: 0614_IzakayaMEW_sub3.jpg]

And then I'd wrap it up in one of the cheap asian style karaoke spots in the neighborhood. Get a bottle of wine to share, some snacks, and kill an hour or two singing.

And then if it went on beyond that, id take him on the subway and make the loop through the abandoned city hall station... any man who dates me needs to know im a subway nerd early on..
[Image: slide_13167_179141_large.jpg]

And then at that point, we are already in the subway system. So we either say goodbye and go our separate ways --- or we dont. Wink

all i need is guy who wants to date me.. lol

For me a first date needs to be fairly casual but that doesn't mean it has to be as "ordinary" as lunch or dinner (not that I'd object to either). Whatever it is, there needs to be plenty of time for us to get to know one another so, yeah, a movie is not it. One suggestion is to keep an eye on your local events... I don't mean concerts or plays which, like movies, require too much attention to themselves. One first date I enjoyed was going out on a sight-seeing boat on San Francisco Bay during fleet week when the Blue Angels were in town. We got to watch some of their arial acrobatics from right underneath... and there was plenty of time to just hang out. Often there are some sort of wine tasting or food tasting events in town. Or perhaps you have a particular interest (like a car or boat show) you both share. Hell, for me, going on a hike somewhere or touring a botanical garden, works just fine.

Emiliano Wrote:Not far from that is a really delicious and relatively inexpensive, nicely decorated sushi spot called Mew
[Image: 0614_IzakayaMEW_sub3.jpg]

What if my date is a heavy set guy?
Do you think it's appropriate to take him to a restaurant called Moo?

Anocxu Wrote:What if my date is a heavy set guy?
Do you think it's appropriate to take him to a restaurant called Moo?

Just pronounce it more cat, less cow. That'll either put him at ease or end the date immediately.

Emiliano Wrote:Just pronounce it more cat, less cow. That'll either put him at ease or end the date immediately.
Yeah..
I'll go with end the date immediately..
More sushi for me !!

Museum or some kind of exhibit, I get a good feel for a person discussing what both of us like and dislike.

Emiliano Wrote:Lol I might as well fantasize about a date... To keep it in Koreatown because even though I hate midtown, theres some cool spots in that area for sure:

So meet at a great rooftop bar. Vu is a good one with a ridiculous view of the empire state building, its like two blocks behind it. Take in the skyline, talk, have some drinks to loosen up.

Not far from that is a really delicious and relatively inexpensive, nicely decorated sushi spot called Mew

And then I'd wrap it up in one of the cheap asian style karaoke spots in the neighborhood. Get a bottle of wine to share, some snacks, and kill an hour or two singing.

And then if it went on beyond that, id take him on the subway and make the loop through the abandoned city hall station... any man who dates me needs to know im a subway nerd early on..

And then at that point, we are already in the subway system. So we either say goodbye and go our separate ways --- or we dont. Wink

all i need is guy who wants to date me.. lol

Well that was a highly detailed answer

XD, I thinks its a little long imo. it sounds like a GREAT day plan. but i would never invest so much on the first date. I'm known to be a chatter box @ the bar. so i would kill 2 and a half hours just shooting the breeze.

by that point its probably ggwp