Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best movie I've seen for 2010 so far...
I'm not much interested in war films, yet one of the best movie I've seen for 2010 have the war in Afghanistan as their backdrop. Brothers are solid, somber, and timely film. I can say this movie took me completely by surprise with its unflinching look at the affects of war on families. Of course, the events in Brothers are taken to the nth degree, but it's still one of the most in-depth looks at the adjustment to life out of the war zone I've seen reflected on film in recent years. Tobey Maguire delivers a career-defining performance.Maguire displays an emotional range I haven't had a chance to see in the actor lately, and you can't take your eyes off of him when he's on the screen. His performance is that powerful and he definitely deserve an Oscar recognition for this. It's not a pretty tale it tells, but Brothers absolutely delivers a convincing, intense and powerful story of a family in conflict and the forgiveness and understanding needed to heal terrible wounds.

I just IMDB'd it and i will def be looking it out to watch now!!! Looks Awesome!

albabonzai Wrote:I just IMDB'd it and i will def be looking it out to watch now!!! Looks Awesome!
Enjoy!! because I did tremendously

i really enjoyed Sherlock Holmes - wasnt epecting too much from it as i love the old B/W ones and pre judged it before i watched it at the cinema - turned out to be a great film, big suprise was jude law for me as he's not one of my favorite actors but he was superb as Dr Watson, i tip my hat to him for his performance

Last night I saw the only movie I have seen so far in 2010, A Single Man.

Really well shot, including some wonderful 'arty' angles. Very good performances from Colin Firth and Julianne Moore. Solid performance from Mathew Goode. I particularly like how the film just covers a single day in one man's life plus his memories of the past as he remembers them. Although there is some dark humour in it, its not a barrel of laughs. For the film enthusiasts among you, you should definitely go see it, for the rest of you don't miss it when it appears on DVD/TV
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.