Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best things about being gay ...
This is the first of two threads I'm going to start ...

What, in your opinion, are some of the best things about being gay ?

Be honest Confusedmile:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Its difficult to think of good or bad things about being gay. I d say one the best of the things is that ....... you have more choice in sex? top or bottom ... being straight that is limited to the position not the actual act. lol Crap reason i know j/k !
Let me think... uhm... no one can get pregnant by accident! Men can understand each other perhaps a bit more, said that doesnt mean there are not disagreements in a gay relationship just the possibility of understanding each other more.

Sorry i am in a silly mood.
I am curious what others will say Confusedmile:

Meeting you guys. Confusedmile: Being able to appreciate the beauty that is the male form.Wink

Well I think being different from straight guys is positive on its own. Gay people have different outlooks and opinions on life. I think that is one the best things for me.

Again, all very good points ...

I was thinking along the lines of a couple of things you've raised - XRIMO, yep - I do think that we are able to view things from a different perspective - I would say we are possibly able to be a bit more ... patient ? Because so many of us have grown up watching events unfold before us whilst we were closeted that it's taught us the value of waiting a bit ...

... Dan, I agree with you about appreciating the beauty of the male body - there is something more than just alluring about coming out of the shower to see my boyfriend lying in the bed. It doesn't make me want to jump in and rip him to pieces ALL the time ... :redface: ... sometimes I just want to watch him as he sleeps peacefully, and beam inwardly as he wakes up and smiles his first smile of the day at me ... :biggrin:.

Spotysocks, that's also a good point, but some people are sticks in the mud when it comes to their position of choice, non ?

Confusedmile:
!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

Men, men and MEN......

God I love being gay. I love the freedom we experience once we have come out and realised we can do and be anything we want. I love that my lover is also my best friend and not from Venus.... I love that men understand each other when it comes to sex without all the game playing....I love that we have a secret community with subtle signs and signals that feels often like a fraternity....I like that I can go to any city in the world and if I find the "gay quarter" I'm emmediatley taken in and offered...help, advice...whatever. I love that it enabled me to find my soul mate (again?) and given me more joy and happiness than I ever could have dreamed possible...

The best thing if being gay, is that we ENJOY everything we reach in affective, love and sexual life much more than a straight person. It's very motivating to get what we want after struggling against the system, after jumping that extra obstacle we have in life, it's a double prize. Gay life is not so easy, that's why it's so great to reach those.

VERY well said boys ... V.E.R.Y well said :biggrin:.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

as a few of you have touched upon, one of the best things about being gay for me is it gives us a head start in understanding other gay guys

we all began our gay lives with similar experiences & can relate to each other on that level. it's like a big gay brotherhood. kinda.

that's why i don't understand gay guys who dismiss lesbians or women - they face similar prejudice to us. those guys are missing out bigtime

Intresting that you mentioned that Tom. Anyhow to be honest although i am gay myself it took me time to understand gay guys, we quite are quite dismissive of people with the same sexuality to ours. I dont get way, maybe because i am quite accepting as a person really. Btw i was thinking how make the forums here in a way to attract more girls too, that would be nice.