Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betwixed in Between
Don't get me wrong.

I have one way of looking at these things> No matter what we try to tell ourselves we're all operating on the same basic game plan in our personal lives. We are each doing the best we can with the "tools and resources" available to use at one particular moment to make it from this minute and this day to the next minute and the next day --- without stepping in dog shit on the way to the car to drive to work.

I'm not judgmental about single guys who go around screwing anything. They are covered in the above.

I'm not judgmental about people who cheat in unhappy relationships. They are covered in the above.

I'm not judgmental about monogamous people who are judgmental about people who aren't monogamous. They are covered in the above.

But ANY of them who try to get others to help them fool themselves about what they are doing and the long range effects of their actions I can be judgmental about. Nothing is really gained by being dishonest with yourself about what you're doing. Look at what you're doing, admit it, own it and move on from there and be honest with yourself and others about what you are trying to do.

The OP asked for advice. I gave it the way I see it. If it sounds judgmental it's only because of the self deception involved in his question. Nothing personal.

Virge Wrote:Nothing is really gained by being dishonest with yourself about what you're doing. Look at what you're doing, admit it, own it and move on from there and be honest with yourself and others about what you are trying to do.

Excellent advice Virge. Not just for this question, but in life as a whole. Xyxthumbs

sounds like you are suffering from fomo (fear of missing out). You're wondering what it would be like to be with this other guy.

There are a few terms that can be said...'waiting for something better', 'the grass is greener on the other side',

You need to really appreciate what you have.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

Thank you guys for your advice.It was all good.But I think Cella Dweller said it best.Maybe I should appreciate what I have rather than think what could have been.

I hope this doesn't sound mean because that is not my intention, but your profile says you are 57. You should know by now that you are just experiencing lust. Do you really want that to fuck up what you have with a guy you have waited for all your life? How many more chances do you expect in life?

Stop going to that coffee shop and keep your dick in your bf's pants.

LJay Wrote:OP, are you sure you are not putting too much into it? Baristas are professional flirts. They make their money that way just like bartenders do. Of course you will be back for coffee with all those cute looks, right?

Very much this. The barista, who is probably very young, wants to sell you more coffee.

Btw, why does your profile on here say you're single? Are you committed to your relationship or still holding out for something better?
Bernd

Being gay is not for Sissies.

I was single when I first joined Gayspeak but I met my boyfriend 2 months ago.