Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of Statins!!!!
East Wrote:Good question PA...I have a little measuring jig from the 1930s that I use and I just poured so it more/less came to 4 oz.....I got kinda used to it as well (the taste)...isn't as bad as it sounds.....

The lemon juice kinda breaks it apart and the olive oil helps to smoothly move it along. I do just lemon juice to break up any that might form now...I have had repeats but they arrive at the exit in sand form ....I think that is thanks to the lemon juice...

Do you have them PA?
No, I don't but my father's suffered from kidney stones (I think he probably doesn't drink enough - do you???) when he's working hard in the garden, and my little brother has had them too and I know they are excruciatingly painful. I thought it would be an easy way to get them reduced. I don't know if my little brother knows about this. Olive oil and lemon are quite tasty. I wouldn't mind the taste. But that sounds like a lot in one go... haha.

princealbertofb Wrote:No, I don't but my father's suffered from kidney stones (I think he probably doesn't drink enough - do you???) when he's working hard in the garden, and my little brother has had them too and I know they are excruciatingly painful. I thought it would be an easy way to get them reduced. I don't know if my little brother knows about this. Olive oil and lemon are quite tasty. I wouldn't mind the taste. But that sounds like a lot in one go... haha.

Yeah....staying well hydrated is important...I am lucky because water is my favorite beverage.

The one thing I worry about though...the use of olive oil was when it was stuck after it left my kidney and it has occurred to me if I had a really big one in my kidney...would the mixture force it out and force it to pass when it should be lasered instead? Passing a really big one scares me...and I am sure I would pass out...

That is why I just use the raw lemon juice now for maintenance and I know it has broken up a few because I can feel them a bit and then I do the lemon juice everyday...and I will get sand shortly afterward which is painless and OK.....

I do know a couple of guys at work on statins after heart attacks , they are doing fine at the moment so I guess there are many types of statins available as the ones they use have not given them bad side effects like the ones you unfortunately suffered - happy to see your on the mend though

Just a follow-up on this....I think that I have some longer term damage to my right arm, but I am working on getting it back in shape. I still only have about 50% of the original strength and have a hard time picking anything up with my right hand.

The weird thing was that my partner was on Crestor for the last year or so and had been complaining of joint pain and elevated blood sugars etc. etc. He tells me this week that he stopped taking the pills the same day that I did and now feels 100 times better with no more joint pain and muscle fatigue.