Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bi female attracted more to women, gets along better with men
Hello, I'm a 33 year old woman in NYC. I'd like to know if any other women can relate and if they have any advice. I'm much more attracted to women but seem to get along better with guys. Ive been intimate with men and women but have never had a GF. I have an okcupid profile but only men message me, not women. If i send a message, only men reply. Id like to find a partner to settle down with and feel the (self imposed pressure to just decide which gender I want to be with.) Im out of the closet to friends and family. I could go to a gay bar by myself in the city but would feel awkward. This is part rant, part looking to see if anyone has some wisdom to impart. Thanks!

It might make sense to only say you're into women in your online profile. That will eliminate most guys contacting you there, and might attract more women too. You can always reveal your bi side later. Not everything needs to be on the table in your profile and on your first date.

Going to a bar alone might be less awkward during happy hour right after work rather than going out alone later at like 11 pm or 1 am. It's actually easier to meet people when you're on your own. Just say, "Hi I'm ________" and go from there.

Good luck!

Find a place that has ladies night and go then. Or a lesbian club. Smile

Hello Dee, welcome to GS.

Hopefully you find what you are looking for.

Thanks for the replies! There are a few lesbian bars I can go to after work during happy hour. I could go to some meetup.com events too.