Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bias against bisexuals in gay community?
It don't think it is all together bias against bisexuals.

I'm homosexual and I would like to think I was dating a guy that was simalar to me, another homosexual. I don't understand bisexuals, and I don't particularly want to, same as heterosexuals, don't understand them and I don't want to.

Does not mean I am biased against them, most of my friends are hetero's, some are even bi...I'm homosexual. End of story Wink

Geminize Wrote:I'm afraid so. I hesitated to stir that up, but there are some good nuggets in that thread if you can stand to read through it. *sigh*

Oh, thank you, no. Once was enough for me. But you are right from an educational standpoint, and I applaud your use of some of the *ahem* less stellar moments to contrast.

It's not that I hate bisexuals. But since bisexuals are attracted to men AND women that opens up the whole world (the entire gay and lesbian community) as an option for dating material. I'm simply afraid if I were to date a bisexual one day i may wake up alone and find out I had all me time wasted because so and so was eyeing up the that woman from blah blah blah. I simply don't want to deal with that strain. Also some bisexuals as I've noticed don't really acknowledge the gay rights movement. So if the time should ever come there is the question of will so and so really be there for me if something big is going down or disappear into the crowd of straight people and deem your straight for the time being. I just dont believe I'll ever be on the same page with him. Especially in bed. What if so and so is imagining me as a woman or something wacked out like that? Can't handle that one. I don't hate bisexuals. But their versatility to love one sex and the other is a very scary attribute.

ManicLewis21 Wrote:some bisexuals as I've noticed don't really acknowledge the gay rights movement

Here in America, that's true of a distressing number of gays as well. I'm not just talking about closeted gay Republicans & evangelicals, but people who proudly say they're gay and also support political candidates who espouse open hostility to gays, sometimes even when there isn't much difference between one candidate and another save that one has been kind to the gay community while the other has consistently attacked us and even had a history as a bully against gays while in school and showing no remorse as an adult.

It was surreal to me that the handful of Republicans I know refused to vote for many Republicans because they were so turned off by the anti-gay and anti-woman rhetoric that got so much more extreme in 2010 while people "out & proud" themselves didn't have a problem with them...what's up with gays supporting such enemies when even some some straight conservatives are offended by the anti-gay bigotry? :confused:

I will tell you there is a group of people who are prejudiced against Bi's. I've ran into a quite a few of them. They don't deserve the equality they crave. AT ALL. How can I take them seriously when they alienate they're own? And they're just as bad as the homophobes in regards to their ignorance.

Mick

My daughter is bi, in a trio marriage but, that is really the exception. Nothing against any orientation but, too often a bi woman especially will end up as the third with a straight man and another bi woman, it rarely works out and, take a lot of work, more than a couple.

I don't think its orientation bias as much as it is women not wanting to be the third in a relationship.

Yes I fear there is a bit of bias there.

I had a friend, Bradly, really a great guy, all around good... he wanted to have a relationship with me, but I pushed him back wondering/fearing that he would never be fully satisfied because I couldn't be a woman.

That sort of concern drives a lot of the bias for many GLBT people.

Some have a more uglier stance....

This is why a majority of Bi people keep it fluid and change their title depending on who they are with.

Gosh, this topic scares me!!! :-(

It’s an unfortunate fact but the gay (LGBT) community - is biased against its self. This is a sad fact - but true.

Youth vs. Age - Fat vs. Fit - Out vs. In - Gay vs. Bi - Masculine vs. Feminine; the list goes on and on and on.

The bias is not just in profiles and posts on line, but in the everyday conversations themselves. It just more stark in writing as opposed to insidious conversation and comments. It’s heartbreaking how many biased sub cultures the gay community fractures it’s self into, and how destructive they can be to themselves and other community members.

We should be the kind of community that pulls together - inclusive of all - like the campaign we spread to the world at large. If you peek under the flag - more often than not you see the tearing against the very fabric that makes us up. As a community we inflict an intense amount of pain and suffering from within our own ranks.

So please don’t be discouraged – keep looking – you will find what you are looking for. The community IS making progress but there is a lot of work still to be done.

Its forums and groups like these that give the education, encouragement and courage to engage with the community and challenge its biases and mend its fabric.

Best of luck to you.

I think anyone who is biased against anyone, especially if they themselves know what it feels like to be judged and stereotyped aren't worth being with. However, I do think it's worth it to explain why the stereotypes are false. Some people won't listen though, and those people are better not being around but sometimes people are innocently-ignorant and just need the proper education on the subject.

I've noticed some major bias in the LGBT community. Despite it recently becoming the LGBTQIA community I still think it gets proejcted as just being the LG community. But I do believe things are headed in a positive direction.