Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bias against bisexuals in gay community?
Bi in the closet... Gosh...

SolemnBoy Wrote:Okay, this might just be because I'm currently undecided as to my sexuality (although listed as gay because my attraction to men is dominant), but it really infuriates me to see prejudice aimed at bisexuals from gay people.

1. I acknowledge that some bisexuals are just afraid of coming out as gay, and that some of them are just confused. That doesn't apply to all of them, anyone whose grasp of logic isn't seriously demented should understand that.

2. If someone would be uninterested in me merely because I'm not 100% gay and might leave him for a woman, then I'd gladly move on knowing that a person so possessive and filled with assumptions isn't worth anyone's time anyways. If you wouldn't get romantically inclined with someone just because his potential partners are many compared to those of a gay man, you have some severe trusting issues to work with.

Ugh, sorry for coming off as so hostile I just really don't like the way some gay people treat bisexuals like cheating time-bombs of promiscuity...
I give you five years. After that time I will come to Sweden and marry you. Imurevenge
;-)

Talby Wrote:I've always wondered why gay people will ask each-other whether they're gay, or bi.

Wow. This topic is mildly disappointing. I know we're all human, but it always makes me a little sad to see gay people being prejudiced. When will people learn?

In my life so far, Ive seen MORE prejudice, hate, and bigotry from gay to gay, than I have from straight to gay.

sillyboy86 Wrote:Bi in the closet... Gosh...

I give you five years. After that time I will come to Sweden and marry you. Imurevenge
;-)

You live in one of my favourite cities so I'd prefer to have the wedding there to be honest! :3

d1017, I understand your point of view and I'm pretty sure you're an honest person*;

When I was single, and expecting for a relationship, I used to avoid the bi men because I feared to be abused, or wasting time... Or worse, to be considered as a second sexual partner and nothing more, without feelings...

For example, as a gay man in relationship with an other gay man you can realize what is wrong in the couple and repair it...*But in a gay/bi relationship it's very different*: my feeling is that you know by advance that you will never be able to give all your partner needs, "only the half" and you worry about what he is expecting... As the gay, you always fear to be go by the board.

It's only my point of view, and I think several bi/gay couple really find a stability too, as other couples. I hope you will find what you're expecting for, a long term relationship*!

Christophe Wrote:d1017, I understand your point of view and I'm pretty sure you're an honest person*;

When I was single, and expecting for a relationship, I used to avoid the bi men because I feared to be abused, or wasting time... Or worse, to be considered as a second sexual partner and nothing more, without feelings...

For example, as a gay man in relationship with an other gay man you can realize what is wrong in the couple and repair it...*But in a gay/bi relationship it's very different*: my feeling is that you know by advance that you will never be able to give all your partner needs, "only the half" and you worry about what he is expecting... As the gay, you always fear to be go by the board.

It's only my point of view, and I think several bi/gay couple really find a stability too, as other couples. I hope you will find what you're expecting for, a long term relationship*!
I think you have a point, Christophe, as for some couples it's not so much the gender of the partner that counts as the fact of being really well suited and matched. When you are well partnered, you don't go looking for another partner elsewhere, regardless of what sexual possibilities the other gender might offer.

Thanks Princealberto*; I finally found a partner... I understand what you mean by beeing well suited and matched and no needing to go looking for another partner elsewhere*; before to meet him I used to "meet" a lot of men per week, -or worse per day!- as I owned a gay sauna for several years... Sexually, it was like a factory lol

He is younger than me, and didn't have the same way of life than me... We live together for 4 years, and we share so many things, the worse and the better things of the life that I even don't imagine to cheat him... Sometimes I even wonder if I'm still attracted by other men lol

Personally I see no problems at all with bisexuals. I have witnessed both sides of the bi-phobia though, both gay friends being slightly off with bi guys, and bi friends who have somehow fallen foul of gays.

Possibly part of the problem is that the bi-phobic gays tend to see bisexuals as being "half gay" much as in the 50s those of mixed race were looked down upon. But some of the greatest people in history were bi, and being attracted to both genders certainly seems more liberated than being (if you will pardon the pun) straight-cut heteros or homos.